CNAS STEM Career Expo is next Monday, November 5
Faculty, please share this information with your classes!
The career expo in the PSU Ballroom is for all STEM CNAS students. First and second year students who are interested in learning about careers in STEM may attend to learn about options. Any student (undergraduate or graduate) who is interested in an internship or a job should bring a resume, as they will have an opportunity to speak directly with one of the 15 companies who will attend. Students who wish to participate must attend the full program from 3:30-5:30 PM. During this time, students will learn about interview skills and other important information to prepare for an interview; career possibilities at the 15 companies; and finally students will practice their interview skills prior to meeting with each individual company. Email email@example.com to request an electronic version of the flyer so you can share it with your students. All CNAS faculty are also welcome to attend this event. (Hospitality Leadership held their career expo on October 17 and it was truly an awesome event.)
Please join me in supporting our campus and our community by making gifts to the MSU Foundation and United Way. You can find more information about both campaigns at https://www.missouristatefoundation.org/facultystaffcampaigns.html
I use payroll deduction for my gifts but you have many options. I hope you will join me in investing in our community and our university. Tammy
FINAL Seminars of the semester
All seminars are posted on the CNAS homepage.
- Thu, Nov 1 – PAMS: A Simple Case of Quantum Magnetism: Evidence of Bose-Einstein Condensation in an Unexpected Place, by Gavin Hestor, 4-5 PM, Kemper 206
- Fri, Nov 2 – GGP: Geoparks: Merging geology, geography and sustainability, by Linnea Iantria, 2:30-3:30 PM, Temple 345
- Wed, Nov 7 – CHM: Synthetic Biopolymers in Nanotechnology: A New Era of Targeted Drug Delivery and Cancer Therapy, by Santimukul Santra, 3:35-4:30 PM, LIBR 101
- Thu, Nov 8 – EGR: Engineers Without Borders (EWB) Meeting, led by Roddy Rogers, 12-1 PM, Plaster Center Downtown “Cox” Room 1st Floor
- Fri, Nov 9 – BIO: Bioremediation of chlorinated solvents, Mark Krzmarzick, 4-5 PM, Temple 003
- Fri, Nov 16 – GGP: The Mechanics of Slow Earthquakes and the Spectrum of Fault Slip Behaviors, Chris Marone, 2:30-3:30 PM, Temple 345
- Fri, Nov 16 – BIO: Phylogeography, hybridization, and reproductive isolation in a topminnow species complex, by David Duvernell, 4-5 PM, Temple 003
- Fri, Nov 30 – GGP: American Golgotha: Planning for the Dead, by Carton Basmajian, 2:30-3:30 PM, Temple 345
CNAS committee meetings
- Education subcommittee to review course offerings – Thu, Nov 1 at 3:00 PM in Temple 156
- College Council – Tu, Nov 6 at 3:30 PM in Temple 145
- Diversity Committee – Thu, Nov 8 at 9:00 AM in Temple 145
- Tyler Rook, computer science major, worked with Unmanned Aerial Systems with an REU at Texas A&M Corpus Christi.
- Jokima Hiller completed her doctoral degree. Congratulations!
- La Toya Kissoon-Charles and two students presented at the Society of Wetland Scientists conference.
- Four of the five top paying majors are offered in CNAS!
- Read the blog on Jackie Bradley, doctor of pharmacy student and Paul Ambrose Scholar.
DUE DATES & DEADLINES
- Oct 30 – Summer Fellowship applications: 9:00 AM to Dean’s Office (Gale) for dean’s signature. Applicants submit completed applications electronically to GraduateCollege@missouristate.edu
- Oct 31 – Deadline for proposals for Curriculum Innovation Awards
- Nov 1 – Sabbatical Leave applications (original and copies) to Dean’s Office (Gale); Personnel Committee begins review
- Nov 1 – Deadline for nominations for Distinguished Teaching Assistant Award & MAG Nominee
Professor Salary Incentive Program (PSIP) applications are due into the Dean’s Office in electronic format by Friday, December 14.
Please visit the Office of the Provost website for more information on timeline, application process, and samples of components of past successful applications.
- Half Price Volleyball Ticket Sale for MSU staff only.
- HR’s open enrollment for benefits is November 1 through December 1.
- Two workshops are available to learn how to make your classroom inclusive.
- Assessment of student learning grants are available now.
CALENDAR – 2018
Oct 30 TriState Water Coalition Conference – more information and to register
Nov 5 CNAS STEM Career Expo
Nov 5-7 Missouri Mathematics and Science Coalition STEM Summit 2018 in KC
Nov 10 MAKO – Mathematics Undergraduate Research Day
Nov 21-25 Thanksgiving – No Classes/Offices Closed
Nov 25-27 ABET Visit for Computer Science
Dec 6 Last day of fall classes
Dec 7-13 Final exam period
Dec 14 Fall Commencement (CNAS is at 10 AM)
Thu, Dec 20 – Wed, Jan 2 Offices closed at MSU – Happy holidays!