- Wed, Jan 23 – CHM: Studying “Alien” DNA: Structural and Functional Implications of Incorporating Modified and Non-Natural Bases and Base Pairs, by Tammy Dwyer, 3:35-4:45 PM, LIBR 101
- Fri, Jan 25 – GGP: Conservation Planning Tools, by Ronda Burnett, 2:30-3:30 PM, Temple 345
- Tu, Jan 29: CSC: IoT and Data Analytics for City Utilities, by Chris Hill, 11 AM – 12 PM, Cheek 205
- Fri, Feb 1 – GGP: Combat GIS, by David Johnson, 2:30-3:30 PM, Temple 345
- Thu, Feb 14 – GGP: Origin of the Massive Eocene Heart Mountain Slide, WY, by David Malone, 2:30-3:30 PM, Temple 345
- Fri, Feb 22 – GGP: From Overtourism to Impact Travel: How Travel is Shaping our World, by Samantha Bray, 2:30-3:30 PM, Temple 345
- Fri, Jan 25 – Deadline for Faculty to submit Foundation Award material to Departmental office https://www.missouristate.edu/assets/Provost/FoundationAwards_Guidelines.pdf
- The Graduate College has funding opportunities for research grants. (due Feb 1)
- Student Employee of the Year Award – The nomination deadline is Friday, February 1, 2019. Show your Student Workers how much you value them and nominate them for their exceptionalism!
MISSOURI ACADEMY of SCIENCE (MAS) calls for papers
The MAS website is now live for registration and abstract submission for the 2019 MAS annual meeting on April 12-13, 2019 at Northwest Missouri State University in Maryville, Missouri. The Senior Division portion of the meeting for college level research and above presentations will be on Saturday, April 13. The hard deadline for registration of both posters and oral presentations is March 20, 2019. Details for the meeting along with registration and abstract submission can be found at https://www.moacademysci.org/register/senior-division/ The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students along with faculty and other professionals from across the state. If you are a faculty member, I encourage you to have any interested undergraduate student give a research presentation (oral or poster) as this is a great opportunity for them to gain valuable experience in a supportive and encouraging environment.
Please visit their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/missouriacadsci to see pictures from previous Annual Meetings. “Like” the page to receive updates on the 2019 Annual Meeting.
UPCOMING SATURDAY STEM EVENTS:
Sat, Jan 26 – Elementary Science Olympiad (Pilot with SPS) in Kemper and Temple Halls
Sat, Feb 16 – Discover Engineering Day, 12-3 PM, Plaster Center for Free Enterprise
Discover Engineering day is an educational outreach event geared to elementary school-aged children hosted by the Missouri Society of Professional Engineers (MSPE) Ozark Chapter every year during Engineers week. Please consider participating in this event. More information will be available at ozarkmspe.org/discover-engineering-day.
Sat, Feb 23 – Regional Science Olympiad https://k12science.missouristate.edu/olympiad/ – Watch for volunteer sign up information in the near future.
Outstanding work by faculty, staff and students…
- Matt Siebert researches ways to be more sustainable.
CNAS COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- Tu, Jan 29: Budget Committee, 8:30-9:30 AM, Temple 156
- Tu., Feb 12: College Council, 3:30-4:30 PM, Temple 145
- Fri, Feb 15: STEM Education Committee, 9-10 AM, Temple 156
- Fri, Mar 22: STEM Education Committee, 9-10 AM, Temple 156
- Fir, Apr 26: STEM Education Committee, 9-10 AM, Temple 156
Missouri State Foundation Scholarships for Students – Applications are due March 1. Please let your advisees know that they can get help and guidance over the next couple of weeks.
- Wednesday, January 23 from 9-11 AM in Temple Hall 303
- Thursday, January 24 from 9-11 AM in Cheek Hall 209
- Monday, January 28 from 2:30-4:30 PM in Temple Hall 303
Jan 26 Elementary Science Olympiad (pilot with SPS)
Jan 26 Presidential Scholarship Interview Day
Feb 12 CNAS College Council Meeting
Feb 18 President’s Day – No Classes/Offices Closed
Feb 23 Regional Science Olympiad (middle/high school)
Mar 5 CNAS College Council Meeting
Mar 9-17 Spring Break
Mar 16-May 26 Smithsonian Traveling Exhibit – housed in Meyer Library
Mar 26-28 Ozarks Science & Engineering Fair (OSEF)
Mar 29 Admitted Student Day
Apr 4 HL Executive Speaker today
Apr 9 CNAS College Council Meeting
May 3 CNAS Faculty/Staff Awards Presentation at NOON
May 3 CNAS Undergraduate Research Day
May 4 Einhellig IDF – Graduate College
May 11-16 Final Exams
May 17 Commencement
May 18-May 22 Annual Steam Outage (campus wide: domestic hot water, food service & facility heat)
June 10 Summer Session and SOAR begins today
July 5 Tentative – Electrical Outage (Partial campus. More details to follow)
July 26 Summer Visit Day
August 2 Summer Session Ends