CNAS SEMINARS THIS WEEK
- Wed, Feb 20 – CHM: Synthesis, Characterization and Evidence of Physical Gelling in PNVCL-PEG-PVA Triblock Copolymer, 3:35-4:30 PM, Library 101
- Thu, Feb 21 – PAMS: Emerging thin Film Transistor Technologies: Organic Ferroelectric Transistors, by Suchi Guha, 4-5 PM, Kemper 206
- Fri, Feb 22 – GGP: From Overtourism to Impact Travel: How Travel is Shaping our World, by Samantha Bray, 2:30-3:30 PM, Temple 345
This weekend at Missouri State University:
Sat, Feb 23 – Regional Science Olympiad https://k12science.missouristate.edu/olympiad/
Outstanding work by faculty, staff and students…
- Math students presented at the MAKO Undergraduate Mathematics Research Conference in November.
- Angeline Rodriguez, biology alumnus, won the Distinguished Thesis Competition for work with influenza virus and co-infections.
- Alexander Wait researches how discarding nanomaterials, like clothing and cosmetics, affects the environment. Mind’s Eye
- Doug Carroll and others led the first ceremony on the MSU campus for The Order of the Engineer.
- Check out the new certificates available in CNAS on the Departments & Programs webpage.
- CNAS Dean’s Office is supporting a donation drive for the newly launched Bear Pantry in PSU 131. Bring non-perishables to Temple 142.
- Order regalia for spring 2019 commencement – Deadline is Friday, March 8 – complete the online form.
- Bull Shoals Field Station released their 2018 newsletter.
- Traveling Smithsonian Exhibit “Roots of Wisdom: Native Knowledge. Shared Science”, March 18 – May 24, Meyer Library
- Missouri Academy of Science (MAS) annual meeting on April 12-13, 2019 – register and submit abstracts (deadline is Wed, March 20)
Please let your students know that the Career Center is holding Career Expo Prep Workshops:
- 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM, Monday, February 25
- 5:15 PM – 6:15 PM, Tuesday, February 26
The Career Fair is Wednesday, February 27 from 12 noon – 3:30 PM at Springfield Expo Center on St. Louis Street.
Carrie’s Café opens on Tuesday, March 5!
Days of operation are Tuesdays and Thursdays. Make your reservations now!
- Safety and Preparation
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) unit locations
- Emergency Quick Reference Guide (with downloadable PDF)
You can manage preferences of how you receive notifications on the Missouri State Alert system.
- Black History Month – Week 3 events: https://www.missouristate.edu/MulticulturalPrograms/
- Fri, Mar 1 and Fri, Apr 5 – LGBTQ+ Safe Zone Training Space still available!
CNAS COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- Tu, Mar 5: Diversity Committee, 2-3 PM, Temple 145
- Tu, Mar 5: College Council, 3:30-4:30 PM, Temple 145
- Thu, Mar 21: MNAS Committee, 11a-12p, Temple 145
- Fri, Mar 22: STEM Education Committee, 3:30-4:30 PM, Temple 156
- Tu, Apr 9: College Council, 3:30-4:30 PM, Temple 145 (final meeting in SP19)
- Thu, Apr 11: Awards Committee, 9-10 AM, Temple 145
- Fri, Apr 26: STEM Education Committee, 3:30-4:30 PM, Temple 156
Feb 23 Regional Science Olympiad (middle/high school)
Feb 27 University Career Fair – https://careercenter.missouristate.edu/CareerExpo.htm 12:00–3:30 PM, Springfield Expo Center
Mar 5 CNAS College Council Meeting
Mar 9-17 Spring Break
Mar 16-May 26 Smithsonian Traveling Exhibit – housed in Meyer Library
Mar 26-28 Ozarks Science & Engineering Fair (OSEF)
Mar 29 Admitted Student Day
Apr 4 HL Executive Speaker today
Apr 9 CNAS College Council Meeting
May 3 CNAS Faculty/Staff Awards Presentation at 12 NOON
May 3 CNAS Undergraduate Research Day
May 4 Einhellig IDF – Graduate College
May 11-16 Final Exams
May 17 Spring Commencement
May 18-May 22 Annual Steam Outage (campus wide: domestic hot water, food service & facility heat)
June 10 Summer Session and SOAR begins today
July 5 Tentative – Electrical Outage (Partial campus. More details to follow)
July 26 Summer Visit Day
August 2 Summer Session Ends