Hospitality Recruiters Fair is Tuesday, February 26.
The university’s Career Expo 2019 is Wednesday, February 27 from 12 noon – 3:30 PM at Springfield Expo Center on St. Louis Street.
Students! The Career Center is holding Career Expo Prep Workshops:
- Mon, Feb 25: 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
- Tu, Feb 26: 5:15 PM – 6:15 PM
- Tues, Feb 26 – CHM – ACS OZARK SECTION – “The Evolving Periodic Table” – 5:30 PM, Temple 002
- Wed, Feb 27 – CHM, Rainer Glaser, Professor of Chemistry, UM-Columbia 3:35-4:30 PM, LIBR 101
- Fri, Mar 1 – GGP: Wells, Wandering Seeds, and Workable Water Solutions for Haiti, by Peter Wampler, 3:30-4:30 PM, Temple 345
- Fir, Mar 8 – BIO: Fire ecology of forest ants – Studies of scale, by Robin Verble, 4:00-5:00 PM, Temple 003
Carrie’s Café opens on Tuesday, March 5!
Days of operation are Tuesdays and Thursdays. Make your reservations now!
Faculty who may be interested in service-learning and/or collaborating with community agencies for research, grant writing, student learning opportunities and more are invited to attend MSU’s Community Engagement Conference. This event is sponsored by the Center for Community Engagement & the Office of Public Affairs Support. Faculty is welcome to attend all or any part of the conference. There is no charge for attending and includes lunch!
- Pre-register online, even if attending a portion of the conference. Contact Stacey Trewatha-Bach for more information.
- Print the flyer
CNAS COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- Tu, Mar 5: Diversity Committee, 2-3 PM, Temple 145
- Tu, Mar 5: College Council, 3:30-4:30 PM, Temple 145
- Thu, Mar 21: MNAS Committee, 11a-12p, Temple 145
- Fri, Mar 22: STEM Education Committee, 3:30-4:30 PM, Temple 156
Roots of Wisdom will be on campus from March 18 – May 24
Local ecosystems around the world face serious environmental challenges. Many Native communities have found innovative solutions by combining traditional knowledge with modern science. Roots of Wisdom: Native Knowledge. Shared Science features stories of ecological and cultural restoration from the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation, Tulalip Tribes, Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians, and Native Hawaiians.
Volunteers are needed to be present while the exhibit is on campus – in Meyer Library. Please encourage students to volunteer! All volunteers need to sign up for at least two hours! This link will take you to the complete list of dates and times available: http://bit.ly/MSU-Roots.
- Order regalia for spring 2019 commencement – Deadline is Friday, March 8 – complete the online form.
- CNAS Dean’s Office is supporting a donation drive for the newly launched Bear Pantry in PSU 131. Bring non-perishables to Temple 142.
- Missouri Academy of Science (MAS) annual meeting on April 12-13, 2019 – register and submit abstracts (deadline is Wed, March 20)
NEW MEDIA-STREAMING SITE: Kanopy
The Meyer Library is offering a great new service, the media-streaming site Kanopy. You can watch foreign films, documentaries and many of the “Great Courses” series. It is free to anyone with a current Missouri State email address.
Here’s a link to the description of Kanopy:
This is a link to the actual Kanopy site: https://www.kanopy.com/
Feb 27 University Career Fair – https://careercenter.missouristate.edu/CareerExpo.htm 12 noon – 3:30 PM, Springfield Expo Center
Mar 5 CNAS College Council Meeting
Mar 9-17 Spring Break
Mar 16-26 Smithsonian Traveling Exhibit – housed in Meyer Library
Mar 25 Opening Reception for Traveling Exhibit https://calendar.missouristate.edu/event/102763/195652
Mar 26-28 Ozarks Science & Engineering Fair (OSEF)
Mar 29 Admitted Student Day
Apr 4 HL Executive Speaker today
Apr 9 CNAS College Council Meeting
Apr 26 CNAS College Picnic planned and organized by CNAS Diversity Committee – Phelps Grove Park
Apr 30 All Faculty Recognition, PSU Ballroom West
May 3 CNAS Faculty/Staff Awards Presentation at NOON Nominations are due: Friday, April 5, 2019 https://science.missouristate.edu/assets/science/Awards_Policy_Spring_2019-Final.pdf
May 3 CNAS Undergraduate Research Day All deadlines for CNAS Undergraduate Research Day are posted – https://science.missouristate.edu/Undergraduate-Research-Day.htm
May 4 Einhellig IDF – Graduate College
May 11-16 Final Exams
May 17 Spring Commencement
May 18-22 Annual Steam Outage (campus wide: domestic hot water, food service & facility heat)
June 10 Summer Session and SOAR begins today
July 5 Tentative – Electrical Outage (Partial campus. More details to follow)
July 26 Summer Visit Day
August 2 Summer Session Ends