Student Expo is on Wednesday, August 28!
See the flyer for more information.
Free Portrait Day
This opportunity is available to all faculty and staff on Wednesday, September 4. More information can be found at the Free Portrait Days calendar event.
Classroom Clickers (student response system)
Do you want to use Clickers in your classroom or do you want to learn more so you can decide whether to use Clickers in your classroom?
Come to Temple Hall 143 at 8:00 AM on September 5th in Temple Hall 143.
Diversity & Inclusion News
- Mon, August 26: Women’s Equality Day commemorates the passage of the 19th Amendment in 1920.
- Tue, August 27: Multicultural Networking Reception, 5:30 – 7:00 PM, Welcome Center
- It’s all posted here – https://blogs.missouristate.edu/cnas-newswatch/
- Click on the boxes on the right if you want to find specific news articles.
- If you are a news-maker and you don’t see an article please submit the basic information to your department head.
CNAS Committee Meetings
- Tue, Sep 10: College Council – 3:30 PM, Temple 145
- Wed, Sep 11: Grad Council – 3:30 PM, PSU 313
- Thu, Sep 12: Faculty Senate – 3:30 PM, PSU 313
Public Observing Nights at Baker Observatory
- Friday, September 6 – 8:00 PM
- Friday, October 4 – 7:00 PM
- Friday, November 8 – 6:30 PM
For more info on directions, parking, and what to wear and bring, see the Baker Observatory web site.
Citizen Scholar Award nominations are due Thursday, September 12!
Missouri Academy of Science 2020 Annual meeting
MAS annual meeting is April 24-25, 2020 at Missouri Southern State University in Joplin MO. See the flyer for more information.
|Aug 28||CNAS Student Expo, 10:00 AM – 12 NOON, Bear Head Plaza [in case of rain: PLSU East Ballroom] See flyer for more info.|
|Sep 12||Grant Writing Workshop – See Internal Grant Flyer for more info|
|Sep 20-22||Family Weekend|
|Oct 1-3||Public Affairs Conference – Great topic this year, The 21st Century Digital World. Please find at least one session to attend and invite your students to attend at least one session.|
|Oct 7||State of the University Address, 12:15 PM, PSU Theatre|
|Oct 10-11||Fall Holiday – NO CLASSES/OFFICES OPEN|
|Oct 14||CNAS 3-minute thesis competition|
|Oct 26||It’s On! – 5:30 PM|
|Nov 1||University 3-minute thesis competition|
|Nov 2||Fall Showcase|
|Nov 3-5||CAEP Accreditation Visit (Education)|
|Nov 4||PSM Advisory Board Meets|
|Nov 4||STEM Career Expo 2019|
|Nov 9||MAKO Math conference|
|Nov 27-29||Thanksgiving Holiday, OFFICES CLOSED|
|Dec 5||Last day of classes for semester|
|Dec 7-12||Final Exams|
|Dec 13||Commencement – 10:00 AM and 1:30 PM (CNAS students march at 1:30 PM)|
- Subscribe to follow CNAS NewsWatch (also available on CNAS homepage)
- Find Dean Jahnke’s past eblasts and subscribe to CNAS Blog.
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 a.m. for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU.