It’s Earth Day this week – the 50th Anniversary! Here’s a link of ideas to celebrate – 30 Isolutions for this week
SGA and GSA and MSU Sustainability will run the following campaign next week –
“We challenge you to Go Green! Pick a new green habit or hobby and share it with us next Wednesday, April 22nd! Make sure to tag (SGA on whatever platform) and (IG: @gsa_msu, Twitter: @GSA_MSU, FB: Green Student Alliance of Missouri State University) with hashtag #LetsGoGreen to show us how you are celebrating Earth Day!”
There’s a virtual symposium via Zoom April 22 and April 23. Please follow the previous link to find the different presentations and register for them. It’s all about water and earth day. There are four presentations on Wednesday and three on Thursday. Check them out for you and for your students!
CNAS Faculty – Thank you! None of us were trained to do what we are doing right now but you have stepped up to learn new things. I have heard from students who are really impressed with all of the work that you are putting into your class. We are also hearing from students who are struggling because online learning is not easy for them. Know that I appreciate all that you are doing for our students! I have also heard of a number of successful thesis defenses that have occurred over the past couple of weeks. I can’t wait to celebrate with you and all of our new MS graduates! Tammy
Registration Summer and Fall 2020. Please help your students register as they are eligible. If you or your advisees have questions – please contact your department head.
Bear Pantry Information – If your advisees or students mention a food insecurity here is information about how folks can utilize the Bear Pantry.
- Fill out a First Time User Form if you have not used the Bear Pantry before.
- Fill out an Online Shopping Form to choose food and hygiene items. These will be packaged by a Bear Pantry staff member and available for curbside pick up.
- Pick up your order from Hutchens House lobby during Bear Pantry hours of operation (Mondays and Tuesdays 10-3).
- Text or call 417-699-0415 when you arrive for pick up. Online orders are ready within 10 minutes, so same-day pick up is available.
The Online Course Development Boot Camp is now offered virtually!
You will have two opportunities to participate in this two-week online experience.
- May 4 – 15
- My 18 – 29
Please register through My Learning Connection by searching for “Two Week Virtual Online Boot Camp.”
For more information contact the email@example.com or visit the FCTL website.
- Missouri State University – Coronavirus updates
- If you need assistance with online/virtual teaching please reach out to FCTL.
|May 2||Einhellig Graduate Student Interdisciplinary Forum (probably virtual, more information to come)|
|May 9-14||Final Exam period|
|May 18||Final grades must be submitted via faculty grade entry by 2 PM|
|June 8-July 29||Summer Session|
|July 15||Graduate Assistantship new appointments for Fall 2020 due|
|July 30-31||Summer session final exam period|
|August 3||Summer grades are due|
|August 17||Fall 2020 semester classes begin today|
- Subscribe to follow CNAS NewsWatch (also available on CNAS homepage)
- Find Dean Jahnke’s past eblasts and subscribe to CNAS Blog.
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 a.m. for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU.