If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living. – Gail Sheehy
Faculty and Staff – Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I appreciate all of the effort you have put into making sure that we can serve our students through the end of the semester. With today being day one of classes fully delivered by alternate methods please know that there are resources available for you and for your students. If there are questions that you cannot answer – please forward them to your department head and we will find an answer.
CNAS Awards Policy – In order to make sure we have the maximum number of nominations both nominating committees and department heads may submit nominations. Department heads will not be limited in their nominating capabilities this spring.
Some words of wisdom as you work from home.
- Nobody signed up for this – do your best.
- In addition to everything you are doing for the students – make sure you take care of yourself and your family.
- Take breaks – you cannot/should not work 24/7. I know that your students might work at various hours but set boundaries for yourself and let your students know what they are.
- Get exercise and fresh air every day!
- If you don’t have a hobby yet – try something new. I have been practicing my guitar more lately.
- If you need technology support – all CNAS IT and electronic support personnel are available to help you.
Be safe and be kind!
- Missouri State University – Coronavirus Updates
- Please read the information sent to students and families on Friday afternoon
- If you need assistance with online/virtual teaching please reach out to FCTL
- CNAS Faculty/Staff Awards 2020. All nominations must be submitted by Friday, April 3. Please read the policy. In order to receive the maximum number of nominations this year since the process was interrupted – CNAS will accept nominations from both personnel committee and department heads with no restrictions. This is only for 2020. We will select and celebrate our winners virtually this spring.
|April 1||Department heads need to have annual evaluations submitted|
|April 6||Registration Opens for Summer and Fall 2020 – Please help your students register|
|April 9-12||SPRING HOLIDAY|
|May 1||Graduate Assistantship reappointments for FALL 2020 or the full academic year 2020-21 are due by today|
|May 1||Graduate Assistantship new and reappointments for Summer 2020 are due today|
|May 2||Einhellig Graduate Student Interdisciplinary Forum (probably virtual, more information to come)|
|July 15||Graduate Assistantship new appointments for Fall 2020 due|
- Subscribe to follow CNAS NewsWatch (also available on CNAS homepage)
- Find Dean Jahnke’s past eblasts and subscribe to CNAS Blog.
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 a.m. for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU.