Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
CNAS 3MT Competition is today, starting at 4:00 PM. If you would like to watch the competition please request the zoom link from your department head or send me a request.
Two upcoming due dates!
- Faculty annual reports are due to department heads on February 1. All information related to publications, presentations and grants must be updated in Digital Measures by February 25.
- Faculty Research Grants are due to Graduate College February 1. Please remember that these require department head and dean comments and signatures. Make sure we have time to do this.
Carrie’s Café is opening this week! Order online and pick up at the café!
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00 PM, Thursday, January 28, via Zoom. By Dr. Michael Gordon – Æsir Technologies, “Nickel-Zinc Battery Research Opportunities”
- GGP – 2:30-3:30 PM, Friday, January 29, Temple 002. By Michael L. Delk (1984 MSU Alumnus) Planning, Assistant City Manager, City of Clearwater, Florida. Will discuss guiding principles to a successful career path.
Recent news from the college:
- New learning environment, same need for students’ success
- An out of this world opportunity to further galaxy research
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
Don’t forget to submit a nomination for FCTL Teaching Excellence Awards!
Apply for a Faculty Assessment of Student Learning Grant!
On February 11, Dr. Helen Sword from University of Auckland will be leading a writing workshop at 1:00 via Zoom. We have purchased 52 copies of Air & Light & Time and Space: How Successful Academics Write (Harvard UP, 2017) and can order more. Let Keri Franklin, KFranklin@missouristate.edu, know if you’d like a copy. There will be more information in the coming weeks about how to register for this workshop.
Diversity Training for all Faculty and Staff is now available –
The series is designed to provide members of the Missouri State University Community knowledge and understanding of culturally relevant topics and engaging conversation about our changing environment.
Cultural Consciousness in the Workplace: Workforce Diversity – Participants will get a fundamental understanding of workforce diversity. Also, how to develop an inclusive, welcoming environment for all members of our MSU community.
Cultural Consciousness in the Workplace: Gender Diversity – Participants will get a fundamental understanding of gender diversity and how to develop an inclusive, welcoming environment for all members of our MSU community.
Cultural Consciousness in the Workplace: Implicit Bias – Participants will get a fundamental understanding of implicit bias and how to develop an inclusive, welcoming environment for all members of our MSU community.
Come share your thoughts about what Dr. Martin Luther King Jr might say about the recent events in America – the riot at the Capitol, the impeachment and the election and inauguration. Wednesday, January 27, 2021; 12:00 p.m. via Zoom; Register for this session
Spring 2021 Academic Advisor Forum Series. Please plan to attend these events. They do count towards keeping your Master Advisor status.
Free Faculty and Staff Portraits are now being scheduled the second Tuesday or each month from 9 AM to 12 PM in Meyer Alumni Center room 504. Scheduled dates are set through December 2021.
Spring Career Fair Week – A week of virtual career fairs hosted by the MSU Career Center – February 9-12, 2021.
Annual meeting is April 23-24, 2021.
Registration and Abstract Submission – Abstracts are due March 19, 2021
Undergraduate students from MSU are “free” as MSU is an institutional member.
MAS Publication – Transactions
|Jan 25||CNAS 3 Minute Thesis competition|
|Jan 30||All ADPs must be completed|
|Feb 1||Faculty Research Grant proposals due|
|Feb 5||3 Minute Thesis competition (university-wide)|
|Feb 15||President’s day holiday – no classes, offices closed|
|Feb 27||Science Olympiad – Virtual Competition (no one will be on MSU campus for this event)|
|March 1-5||OSEF Judging Junior Division|
|March 8-12||OSEF Judging Senior Division|
|March 13-21||Spring Break|
|March 26||Missouri Junior Academy of Science Competition|
|April 1-4||Spring Holiday|
|April 23-24||Missouri Academy of Science Annual Meeting|