Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
Faculty – It is almost spring and time to be thinking about promotions. For those at the associate professor or professor rank who have questions – I will be available for one-on-one meetings.
For assistant professors I have scheduled three times during the week of March 29th
Monday, March 29 at 3:00 PM
Tuesday, March 30 at 4:00 PM
Wednesday, March 31 at Noon
For instructors I have scheduled two meetings times during the week of March 29th
Tuesday, March 30 at 3:00 PM
Wednesday, March 31 at 1:00 PM
Please contact Gale Lininger to receive a zoom link for the session of your choice.
Asymptomatic Testing will be available every day for one week prior to spring break and after spring break. This is free to all MSU faculty, staff and students. Places and times are posted on the website.
Vaccines – Watch the website for future developments and sign up if you are interested in receiving a vaccine when your tier has been cleared.
Annual meeting is April 23-24, 2021.
Registration and Abstract Submission – Abstracts are due March 19, 2021
Undergraduate students from MSU are “free” as MSU is an institutional member.
Women’s History Month – Several events scheduled. (Your dean is presenting on Friday, March 12 to talk about the NSF Advance grant that we received.)
Master Advisor Reception – Wednesday, March 24 at 4 PM via ZOOM
ZOOM link, https://missouristate.zoom.us/j/98794590321?pwd=T2VSTCtDcC9tOEpsazJWZWYvV05pZz09 Registration is strongly encouraged
Advising Forum – Thursday, March 25 at noon via ZOOM
Listening Like an Anthropologist: Why deep listening matters for trans* allies
ZOOM link, https://missouristate.zoom.us/j/96628847568?pwd=QXJWRDdoVmFlMlpBcjdjc2NqME1qdz09 Registration is strongly encouraged and Master Advisor Credits are available for attending.
Nominations for CNAS Faculty/Staff awards are due by April 2. There are new awards this year!
Carrie’s Café is open through March 30! Order online and pick up in Pummill Hall – Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
- CSC – 9:05-10:05 AM, Wednesday, March 10, via Zoom. By Melissa Crouch, Sprint. Will discuss her work, skills to be successful, and the industry as of today.
- CHM – 3:35-4:35 PM, Wednesday, March 10, via Zoom. By Dr. Mary Krause, Bristol Myers Squipp, “High Concentration Formulation Development of Biologic Drug Products”. For Zoom details for contact Fei Wang (email@example.com).
Recent news from the college:
- Supporting diversity in STEM disciplines
- Biology students awarded Sigma Xi grant
- Why are some bats species dying from a disease?
- New career path, same love of problem solving
- Embracing diversity in education and experience
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
|March 10||Mid-Semester grades must be submitted via Faculty Grade entry to 2 PM|
|March 13-21||Spring Break|
|March 26||Missouri Junior Academy of Science Competition|
|April 1-4||Spring Holiday|
|April 23-24||Missouri Academy of Science Annual Meeting|
|April 27-May3||Spring CNAS Undergraduate Research Symposium (Virtual)Abstracts, Posters, and Videos uploaded April 27.
More info will be available by March 22.
|May 1||Einhellig IDF Graduate Research SymposiumDetails will be posted on the graduate college website.|
|May 3||4:00 PM – Awards Ceremony for Spring Research Symposium (zoom)|