Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
If you are able, please consider contributing to the Bear Pantry – there is currently a high-need donation drive going on from March 8 to March 26. Donations can be dropped off in Temple 142 (the Dean’s office).
Congratulations to the following faculty members for their promotion recommendations for 2021 from the provost!
New Distinguished Professors – Mike Reed (PAMS) and Nick Gerasimchuk (CHM)
New Associate Professors – Matt McKay (GGP), Tayo Obafemi-Ajayi (EGR), Keiichi Yoshimatsu (CHM) and Fei Wang (CHM)
New Senior Instructors – Angela Plank (BIO) and Tina Hopper (BIO)
Faculty – It is almost spring and time to be thinking about future promotions. For those at the associate professor or professor rank who have questions – I will be available for one-on-one meetings.
For assistant professors I have scheduled three times during the week of March 29th
Monday, March 29 at 3:00 PM
Tuesday, March 30 at 4:00 PM
Wednesday, March 31 at Noon
For instructors I have scheduled two meetings times during the week of March 29th
Tuesday, March 30 at 3:00 PM
Wednesday, March 31 at 1:00 PM
Please contact Gale Lininger to receive a zoom link for the session of your choice.
Asymptomatic Testing will be available every day for one week after spring break. This is free to all MSU faculty, staff and students. Places and times are posted on the website.
Vaccines – Everyone at MSU is eligible beginning March 29. Everyone in Missouri over the age of 16 is eligible April 9. If you are interested please make sure your name is on the list at Magers.
Annual meeting is April 23-24, 2021.
Master Advisor Reception – Wednesday, March 24 at 4 PM via ZOOM
ZOOM link, https://missouristate.zoom.us/j/98794590321?pwd=T2VSTCtDcC9tOEpsazJWZWYvV05pZz09 Registration is strongly encouraged
Advising Forum – Thursday, March 25 at noon via ZOOM
Listening Like an Anthropologist: Why deep listening matters for trans* allies
ZOOM link, https://missouristate.zoom.us/j/96628847568?pwd=QXJWRDdoVmFlMlpBcjdjc2NqME1qdz09 Registration is strongly encouraged and Master Advisor Credits are available for attending.
Submissions for the Einhellig Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum are due by April 15. More details will be posted later.
Submissions for the CNAS Spring Research Symposium are due by April 27. More details will be posted.
Nominations for CNAS Faculty/Staff awards are due by April 2. There are new awards this year!
Carrie’s Café is open through March 30! Order online and pick up in Pummill Hall – Tuesdays and Thursdays only.
- CHM – 3:35-4:35 PM, Wednesday, March 24, Meyer Library 101. CHM 700 presentations by Alexis Miller (“Investigation of the Interface Reactions of Ion Selective Electrode Membranes using Chromatographic and Spectroscopic Analyses of Erbium (III) Tetraphenyl Porphyrin”) and Justin Swisher (“Using Molecular Dynamics to Determine the Tertiary Structure of the Thermoresponsive Polymer Soluplus in Aqueous Solution”) – current MSU graduate students.
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00 PM, Thursday, March 25, via Zoom. By Shannon Dulz (MSU Alumna), PhD student at the University of Notre Dame, “Cold Exoplanets: Ground-based Direct Imaging and Population Studies Planning for Future Space Missions”
- GGP – 2:30-3:30 PM, Friday, March 26, via Zoom. By William Fulton, Director of the Kinder Institute for Urban Research – Rice University, “Planning in the Post COVID-19 World” – please contact email@example.com for Zoom details
- CHM – 3:35-4:35 PM, Wednesday, March 31, Meyer Library 101. CHM 700 presentations by Mehwish Khokhar and Brenda Wekesa (“Canine Cytochrome p450 1A2: Expression, Purification and Metabolism of Caffeine”) – current MSU graduate students.
Recent news from the college:
- Reaching new heights in civil engineering
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
|March 26||Missouri Junior Academy of Science Competition|
|April 1-4||Spring Holiday|
|April 23-24||Missouri Academy of Science Annual Meeting|
|April 27-May3||Spring CNAS Undergraduate Research Symposium (Virtual)Abstracts, Posters, and Videos uploaded April 27.Judging April 29-30.
Awards Ceremony 4:00 PM – May 3
|May 1||Einhellig IDF Graduate Research SymposiumDetails will be posted on the graduate college website.|
|May 3||4:00 PM – Awards Ceremony for Spring Research Symposium (zoom)|