Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
Submissions for the CNAS Undergraduate Research Symposium are due April 27. Please encourage your students to present their results. Instructions for submission can be found on the website.
DIVERSITY PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY –
Collaborative Diversity Conference – April 22, the conference is free for all and will be held virtually. Please consider attending!
Advising Workshops –
Advising Basics Workshop on Monday, May 17th in PSU 313, https://www.missouristate.edu/Advising/advising-basics-workshop.aspx
Master Advisor Workshop on Monday, May 17th and Tuesday, May 18th in PSU 313, https://www.missouristate.edu/Advising/advising-workshops.aspx (lunch provided on Tuesday)
Three remaining advisor forums in spring 2021 – April 28, May 3, and May 5! https://www.missouristate.edu/Advising/forum-schedule.htm. As a reminder, to maintain master advisor designation, three hours must be completed by the end of the academic year
Dean’s Office – The terms of all current part-time associate deans end this summer – 2021. I want to thank Drs. Xiaomin Qiu, Kyoungtae Kim and Jorge Rebaza for their work during the past two years. With all three ending their terms it has given me an opportunity to re-imagine the associate dean position into the future. Instead of three part-time associate deans – CNAS will have one full-time associate dean (posting will be distributed to all CNAS faculty next week) and a few dean fellows. No dean fellow positions will be posted until fall of 2021 at the earliest. Dean fellows will have 1-semester to 2-year appointments for a specific task. The appointment will include a small stipend and may or may not include a course release depending on the task.
The full-time associate dean position will be filled internally. All faculty with the rank of professor (or distinguished) in CNAS will be eligible to apply.
- CSC – 9:30-10:20 AM, Tuesday, April 20, via Zoom. By Anthony Harris, current MSU Graduate Student. Anthony will be presenting on his research and experience as a graduate student.
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00 PM, Thursday, April 22, via Zoom. By Dr. Marilu Perez Garcia, Critical Materials Institute, Ames Laboratory. “Designing Ligands with Predetermined Metal Ion Selectivity using Electronic Structure Theory, Machine Learning, and Molecular Mechanics”.
- GGP – 2:30-3:30 PM, Friday, April 23, Temple 002. By Joe Gillman, Director and state geologist of the Missouri Geological Survey (MO Department of Natural Resources). Joe will be presenting on critical minerals essential for current and emerging technology in energy, communications, and national defense.
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00 PM, Thursday, April 29, via Zoom. By Joshua Kern, MSU alumnus and current PhD student at Clemson University. “Using ro-vibrational Emission from Protoplanetary Disks in Order to Observe Accretion and Planet Formation in Action”
- GGP – 2:30-3:30 PM, Friday, April 30, Temple 002. By Dr. Christen Shelton, Rogers State University. “Introspective Knowledge of Caseidae”
Recent news from the college:
- CNAS video produced by Locke and Stache recognized by the American Advertising Federation in the Heartland region
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
|April 23-24||Missouri Academy of Science Annual Meeting|
|April 28-May3||Spring CNAS Undergraduate Research Symposium (Virtual), Symposium is open to all April 28-May 3|
|May 1||Einhellig IDF Graduate Research Symposium Details will be posted on the graduate college website.|
|May 3||4:00 PM – Awards Ceremony for Spring Research Symposium (zoom)|
|May 5||CNAS Faculty/Staff Awards Ceremony at 3:00 PM in CARR 208/zoom|
|May 7||Study Day|
|May 8||Springfield Clean Green Volunteer Event (8 AM – Noon)|
|May 8-13||Finals Week|
|May 13-14||Spring Commencement (CNAS is 1:00 PM on Friday, May 14)|
|May 17||Staff Appreciation Week|
|June 7||Summer Session Begins|
|June 7||SOAR begins – Daily sessions (M-R) from now through July 28|
|June 25||BSFS New Facility Open House|
|June 25 & July 23||Summer Visit Days (Recruitment)|