Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
Three big events this week as we finish up the semester and prepare for finals week and commencement!
#1, TODAY – CNAS Undergraduate Research Symposium Award Ceremony will be held via Zoom on Monday May 3 at 4:00 PM https://missouristate.zoom.us/j/97377144290?pwd=T0VqOWIrK0N1V1ZXMDQxdWZRTTZwdz09
#2, WEDNESDAY – CNAS Faculty/Staff Awards presentation is Wednesday, May 5 at 3:00 PM. The event will be held in Carrington Hall Auditorium – room 208 or you may attend via zoom. Please join me in celebrating CNAS Faculty and Staff!
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 965 5000 8965
#3 – SATURDAY – As #CitizenBears CNAS will be participating in Clean Green Springfield on Saturday, May 8 from 8 AM – NOON.
I hope you will join me Saturday morning! I have also invited CNAS students to join in on the fun!
Here’s a link to sign up for the event – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C4AA4AF28A3FBC25-cnas
Details will be sent out to all who sign up on May 4 and the first 50 to sign up get t-shirts!!!!
Clean Green Springfield – City-wide cleanup and beautification opportunities. (cleangreensgf.com)
Get your shot and protect yourself
Missouri State offers traveling COVID-19 vaccination clinics May 4-6 on campus.
If you still need a COVID-19 vaccine, Missouri State University is making it easy for you to get one. Please announce this opportunity to your students!
Traveling clinics administering the single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine will take place May 4-6 at select locations on campus.
9:00-11:00 – Temple Hall – Pit 1st floor
11:30-1:30 – Glass Hall – Atrium 1st floor
2:00 – 4:00 – Strong Hall – Atrium – 1st floor
9:00-11:00 – Forsythe – 1st floor hall
11:30-1:30 –Craig Hall – Atrium 1st floor
2:00 – 4:00 – Meyer Library south entrance – 1st floor
9:00-11:00 – PSU 2nd floor by Bear Necessity Store
11:30-1:30 – PSU 2nd floor by Bear Necessity Store
2:00 – 4:00 – PSU 2nd floor by Bear Necessity Store
The clinics are open to all students, staff and faculty. You don’t need to make an appointment and the vaccine is free. Simply show up with your ID.
If your permanent address is not in Missouri, provide your local address when you check in for your shot.
About the J&J vaccine
The J&J vaccine is approve for people 18 years and older.
Find out more about the vaccine, including effectiveness and safety considerations.
Why get a COVID-19 vaccine?
The top reason to get a vaccination is to protect yourself, your family and your community.
If you’re vaccinated:
- You won’t have to quarantine unless you develop symptoms.
- You won’t have to participate in most COVID-19 testing next fall.
- You can gather with other fully vaccinated people without wearing masks or socially distancing.
- You can enjoy a more “normal” campus life.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention highlights what activities are safe for those who are fully vaccinated.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get vaccinated and help stop the spread of COVID-19.
Contact us at COVID19@MissouriState.edu if you have questions or need more information.
Recent news from the college:
- Alumnus explores critical mineral resources in Missouri
- Chemistry alumnus advances research and education
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
Congratulations to Kyoungtae Kim for being one of the 2021 Outstanding Thesis Advisor awardees this year! Please watch the Einhellig IDF website to learn more about the CNAS winners!
Advising Workshops –
Advising Basics Workshop on Monday, May 17th in PSU 313, https://www.missouristate.edu/Advising/advising-basics-workshop.aspx
Master Advisor Workshop on Monday, May 17th and Tuesday, May 18th in PSU 313, https://www.missouristate.edu/Advising/advising-workshops.aspx (lunch provided on Tuesday)
Two remaining advisor forums in spring 2021 – May 3 and 5! https://www.missouristate.edu/Advising/forum-schedule.htm. As a reminder, to maintain master advisor designation, three hours must be completed by the end of the academic year
Campus System Upgrades taking place on Saturday May 22 – please review this information and plan accordingly!
Systems Upgrade Day therefore the following will be unavailable:
- 12:01 a.m. – 12:30 a.m. – Internet for Springfield, West Plains and Mountain Grove campuses will be unavailable.
- 10:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Maintenance will be performed on the Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) that powers all servers in the Cheek Hall Computing Center. Users of the network and computing resources are encouraged to plan accordingly and not depend on uninterrupted services.
- 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Maintenance will be performed on the campus wireless system that could cause wireless networks to be unavailable to the Springfield, West Plains and Mountain Grove campuses o Most of the University’s computer systems will be down. There will be little or no impact to the following systems: University networks, MSU homepage, Office 365, email services, video surveillance systems, and electronic door access systems.
- Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Stacey Tune directly at 417-836-6555 or via email at StaceyTune@MissouriState.edu
|May 3||4:00 PM – Awards Ceremony for Spring Research Symposium (zoom)|
|May 5||CNAS Faculty/Staff Awards Ceremony at 3:00 PM in CARR 208/zoom|
|May 7||Study Day|
|May 8||Springfield Clean Green Volunteer Event (8 AM – Noon)|
|May 8-13||Finals Week|
|May 13-14||Spring Commencement (CNAS is 1:00 PM on Friday, May 14)|
|May 17||Staff Appreciation Week|
|June 7||Summer Session Begins|
|June 7||SOAR begins – Daily sessions (M-R) from now through July 28|
|June 25||BSFS New Facility Open House|
|June 25 & July 23||Summer Visit Days (Recruitment)|
- Subscribe to follow CNAS NewsWatch (also available on CNAS homepage)
- Find Dean Jahnke’s past eblasts and subscribe to CNAS Blog.
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 a.m. for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU.