Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
CNAS Career Expo is Wednesday (Nov. 9 – flyer attached)! Please encourage your students to attend and bring copies of their resumes with them to share with employers. All faculty are welcome to attend the first hour to learn about the companies!
Elementary Science Olympiad
Elementary Science Olympiad with SPS was held in Temple and Kemper Halls on Saturday morning, November 5. Thank you to the faculty and students who made this event a success. We had nearly 150 elementary students on campus for the morning!
Temple Hall Office Moves
The Temple Hall office move in preparation of construction beginning is scheduled to begin at 12:00 Noon on December 19 and continue all day December 20 and 21. For those who are required to move their offices please read the attached document for moving & packing instructions. Boxes and labels are available in the CNAS Deans office. We encourage everyone to surplus items well in advance. Administrative assistants can help with this process. If the items need to be thrown out – there is a big dumpster by the loading dock. Please contact Gale if you have any questions.
Upcoming CNAS Seminars – Check out the CNAS Master Calendar for this week’s seminars – College of Natural and Applied Sciences – Missouri State University
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00PM, Thursday, November 10, in Kemper 204. By Dr. Manashi Nath, Missouri University of Science and Technology, “The Story of Transition Metal Chalcogenides: Multifaceted Electrochemical Applications for Energy Conversion, Storage, Sensing & Catalysis”
- CSC – 4:00-5:00PM, Thursday, November 10, in Cheek 102. By Lynsee DeGraw, Recruiter from Midwestern Interactive. Lynsee will discuss the recruitment process in the software industry in general and more specific information about Midwestern Interactive.
- BIO – 4:00-5:00PM, Friday, November 11, in Temple 003. By Dr. Cassandra Nunez, “The Best Laid Plans of Mares and Men”
- CSC – 12:20-1:10PM, Monday, November 14, via Zoom. By Melissa Crouch, Manager, Applications Development at T-Mobile/Sprint as well as a CSC Alum. Melissa will discuss her career experience, how work is typically done today, and key skills to be successful.
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00PM, Thursday, November 17, in Kemper 204. By Dr. Do Young Kim, Oklahoma State University.
University Events & Information
Inclusive Teaching for Student Success
- If you have read an article that has made a difference in your classroom, please send it to me and I will share it with your colleagues.
The fall 2022 advisor forum schedule is posted on the AATC website
The next forum is on Thursday, December 1 from 12:00-1:00PM
Upcoming Due Dates and Deadlines
December 9 – Foundation Award nominations and intent to apply due.
December 19 – PSIP applications due to dean’s office.
Recent News from CNAS
Recent news from the college:
- Congratulations, Dr. Michelfelder!
- The CNAS Awards Committee recommended a few revisions to the awards policy. The final draft is attached and posted on the CNAS website (policies).
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
|November 12||Fall Showcase|
|December 10-15||Finals Week|
|December 16||Commencement Day – CNAS at 10:00AM|
|December 22-January 4||Winter Holiday – Offices Closed|
|April 8, 2024||Next Solar Eclipse in Missouri – The path of totality through North America – the Great North American Eclipse of April 8, 2024 | eclipse2024.org|