Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
Undergraduate Research Symposium
The CNAS Undergraduate Research Symposium is taking place this Friday, April 28 in the PSU Ballroom West. The event will be open to the public from 1:45PM-3:15PM. The awards for the URS will be at 3:30PM in the PSU Ballroom East with guest speaker, Dr. Steven Senger – Associate Professor, Mathematics.
Einhellig Interdisciplinary Forum
The Einhellig Interdisciplinary Forum will take place on Saturday, April 29. Many of our graduate students will be presenting their research. I hope you can attend. Check with the graduate college about specific times for events.
Information and Upcoming Events
April Thank You Card Project. Please take the time to write someone a thank you card. Cards may be addressed to faculty, staff or students within CNAS or MSU. Thank you cards are available in all CNAS departmental offices and the dean’s office. Cards should not go into the regular mail but instead place them in the collection boxes in departmental offices or dean’s office. All cards will be delivered to recipients by May 1.
Faculty Recognition Events – May 2 (CNAS) and May 8 (University). Please mark your calendars and plan to attend.
Carries Café – Carries is open through April 27 most Tuesdays and Thursdays of the semester, but you can check their webpage for both openings as well as a menu.
Upcoming CNAS Seminars –
Check out the CNAS Master Calendar for this week’s seminars – College of Natural and Applied Sciences – Missouri State University
- CHM – 3:35-4:25PM, Wednesday, April 26 in Meyer Library 101. By Dr. Rakhi Rajan, University of Oklahoma. “Modulating protein conformational changes and divalent metal binding properties to create safer Cas-based genome tools”
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00PM, Thursday, April 27 in Kemper 204. By Dr. Yijia Gu, Missouri University of Science and Technology
- GGP – 2:30-3:30PM, Friday, April 28 in Blunt (Temple) 345. By Micah Mayle, PhD candidate – Colorado State University. “Potential lithosphere and asthenosphere melt sources of early syn-rift magmatism: Insights from 1D geodynamic models”
- BIO – 4:00-5:00PM, Friday, April 28 in Blunt (Temple 143). By Ashley Krug and Saki Urushidani, City of Springfield – Environmental Services. “Urban Water Access for All: Using Non-Traditional Community Outreach to Understand Springfieldians’ Relationship to Water”
- PAMS – 4:00-5:00PM, Thursday, May 4 in Kemper 204. By Dr. Bret Lehmer, University of Arkansas. “An X-ray Perspective on the Evolution of Galaxies Throughout the Universe”
Recent news from the college:
- Shining a spotlight on student research
- Our Mathematics department was recently featured in a MAA Focus article about their problem solving group
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
Apr 27-28 MSU Collaborative Diversity Conference
Apr 29 Einhellig IDF
May 2 CNAS Faculty/Staff Awards Celebration 3:30 PM – Library 101
May 8 All Faculty Recognition Celebration
May 19 Commencement (CNAS at 1 PM)
April 8, 2024 Next Solar Eclipse in Missouri – The path of totality through North America – the Great North American Eclipse of April 8, 2024 | eclipse2024.org