The Peace Corps Prep program is a flexible certificate that can easily be earned in conjunction with most Missouri State degree programs. This program allows for a variety of interests in:
- Community and economic development
- Youth Development
There is plenty of room to expand your service skills and global knowledge for potential use in the U.S. Peace Corps, related programs, or to stand out in the general workforce.
How to Start Your Peace Corps Prep Journey?
Step 1: Connect with Missouri State’s Peace Corps Prep Coordinator
- Alex Johnson is the Center for Community Engagement Director and is in charge of advising Peace Corps Prep students!
- Set up a meeting with Alex here to learn about the ins and outs of the certificate program, select relevant courses, and stay on track to complete by graduation.
Are you in your final years at Missouri State? Guess what! Most upperclassmen may already meet most of the requirements for the PCP certificate. Interested in making it happen? Reach out to see what final steps will lead you to graduate with this certificate!
Step 2: Review the PCP Student Guide
This guide outlines the competencies and requirements that will be met through the Peace Corps Prep program.
This guide outlines the competencies and requirements that will be met through the Peace Corps Prep program
- Complete 3 courses that align with your area of interest
- Accumulate 50 volunteer hours during your college career
- Hone your foreign language skills – coursework will vary based on an area of interest
- Take 3 courses that focus on cultural differences or behaviors
- Partake in a significant leadership experience
Continue to check in with your PCP advisor to ensure you are participating in service-based experiences to enhance your public affairs work.
Step 3: Complete the Exit Checklist
Ready for graduation? Make sure to review the exit checklist to ensure all requirements have been completed before graduating so the Peace Corp can issue your certificate. This checklist will also be included within a Peace Corp application to display your qualifications if chosen to do so in the future.
Connect with Alex Johnson at email@example.com or find more information here