The 2018-19 school year just started. Still, you can file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2019-2020 school year on Oct. 1, 2018.
You’ll need some information before you get started.
- Your FSA ID (a parent may need one too)
- Federal income tax forms from 2017
- Missouri State’s federal school code (002503)
Even if you have scholarships, this is important. Filing your FAFSA before Missouri State’s Feb. 1, 2019 priority deadline ensures you’ll be eligible for as much federal financial aid as possible next year. The list includes grants, which you don’t have to pay back down the road.
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Federal Teacher Education Assistance Grant (TEACH)
- Federal subsidized and unsubsidized Stafford Loans
- Federal work study
- Access Missouri Grant (for Missouri residents)