TLDR: they filed their 2019-2020 FAFSA early.
Have you completed your FAFSA for the 2019-2020 aid year? If you haven’t, now is the perfect time to do it! Here are the top 5 reasons you should submit your FAFSA as early as possible:
- You might miss out on aid: The State of Missouri and MSU both use your FAFSA results to award funds. Without your results on file we won’t be able to consider you for the Access Missouri Grant, Federal Work Study, the FSEOG program, and some institutional scholarships. Be sure to submit your FAFSA no later than the priority deadline of February 1, 2019.
- Your situation may have changed: Even if you didn’t qualify for any grants last year, it’s possible something has changed. If this is the case, you may qualify for free money…but only if you submit the FAFSA.
- Earlier and faster processing: If the Office of Student Financial Aid requests documents from you, it’s probably because the Department of Education has selected you for a review process. The earlier we know about this, the earlier we can complete the review and get you a final award offer.
- It’s not THAT bad: Sure, filling-out federal forms isn’t anyone’s idea of fun, but the FAFSA is’t as bad as it used to be. Between online filing, the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, skip logic, and the new myStudentAid app submitting the FAFSA is a breeze!
- Peace and tranquility: You’ll have peace of mind knowing that you didn’t procrastinate on something really important. Plus, you’ll stop getting emails from the Financial Aid Office about filing your FAFSA. Win-win, right?
So, what are you waiting for?! Submit your 2019-2020 FAFSA at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa today!