All eligible U.S. domestic students have been awarded Fall 2021 emergency relief grants from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) to help offset financial burdens incurred because of the coronavirus. Eligible international students will have the opportunity to submit a grant application beginning October 1 to request emergency grant funding.
Grant recipients will need to indicate to MSU how they would like the grant to be applied by following the steps outlined below.
- Sign into My.MissouriState.edu
- Navigate to the Student tab
- Click the “Financial Aid Home Page” link found within the My Financial Aid module
- Select the 2021/2022 Aid Year from the drop-down box
- Navigate to the Award Offer tab
It is important to know that grant recipients will receive their HEERF money regardless of their next decision.
- If students CONSENT to have MSU apply their emergency grant money to charges currently owed on their university account they should ACCEPT the offered COVID relief fund.
- If student DO NOT CONSENT to have MSU apply their emergency grant money to charges currently owed on their university account but would instead prefer to receive the full portion of their grant funding as a refund they should DECLINE the offered COVID relief fund.
- Students will still receive their emergency grant money if they decline this offered fund. Their emergency grant money will simply be processed in a different way.
Students should accept or decline their offered grant funds as soon as possible, but no later than midnight on Wednesday, October 6, 2021.
Funds left at an “Offered” status will be treated as if consent was not provided and 100% of the grant money will be issued as a refund, regardless of what the student may owe on their university account.
Receipt of refund money from the HEERF emergency grant is not an indication that a student’s financial responsibility to Missouri State University has been resolved. Students should sign into their My.MissouriState.edu account to view and verify their current account balance.
For more information, please view our HEERF III Q&A webpage.