With the conclusion of the spring 2012 semester, many construction projects have begun on campus. One such project that will impact traffic flow is the installation of a new traffic signal and other intersection upgrades at National and Monroe avenues.
These improvements, which are being made by the City of Springfield, include:
- The installation of a new traffic signal with identified audible crosswalks
- Dual left turn lanes from Monroe onto National
- A dedicated right turn lane from Monroe onto National.
These improvements dictate some street right-of-way work west to Florence Avenue. Parking lot access (lots 13 and 14) may be impacted at times but should remain available for use.
Construction activities may impact traffic lanes at times throughout construction; however, through traffic will be maintained on National. Monroe Street will be closed for short periods at times throughout the project. Please use caution and drive slowly in this work zone.
Additional campus construction
Construction has also begun on the landscape development of the Foster Recreation Center site and adjacent pedestrian walks and plazas. For more information about this project, visit the planning, design and construction website. Some walkways may be closed or otherwise impacted by this construction.
Administrative and information services departments will be working with those individuals directly linked to a project. If you see project activity or would like detailed communication on a particular project for campus planning purposes, please contact the departments listed below:
- Planning, design and construction: (417) 836-5101 – National and Monroe Avenue Intersection and Kings Street Pedestrian Way)
- Facilities management: (417) 836-6865 – Carrington Hall replacement of east concrete steps
- Safety and transportation: (417) 836-8870 – parking lot maintenance
Any announcements impacting the campus will be posted on the My Missouri State portal under the Home tab.