The Account Executive I position is a development position, which provides an opportunity to learn the sales function in the logistics industry. The Account Executive I collaborates with our industry experts and will partner with major accounts to meet or exceed revenue and profit goals. Gain skills and grow by understanding customer’s business model and supply chain needs, developing shipping solutions using YRC Freight’s portfolio of services, and resolving issues in support of customers.
Learn from rotations the following departments:
- Customer Service
- Inside Sales
- Outside Sales
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively pursue and qualify valued business opportunities. Learn and implement successful selling strategies/techniques.
- Manage new and established account development for continued revenue and profit growth. Define and propose specific approaches to meet and exceed customer needs.
- Identify situations requiring effective negotiation and maintain positive client relationships throughout any issue resolution process.
- Take ownership in learning the business by increasing knowledge of products, services and pricing.
- Utilize available resources and knowledge to orchestrate solutions that increase market share and profitability.
- Grow and develop a portfolio of shared and new local accounts to provide cost-effective solutions that meet targeted customer needs while managing churn and account profitability.
- Gain knowledge by negotiating pricing programs with new clients to gain consistent revenue flow while protecting profitable margin.
- Educate customers about various services offered, enhance the customer relationship, and secure additional business.
- High Levels of Integrity and Trust – Adheres to moral, ethical, and professional standards, regulations, and organizational policies; keeps commitments to promised actions.
- Effective Listener – Demonstrating highly effective active listening skills.
- Focused on Customers – Ensuring that the internal or external customer’s perspective is a driving force behind strategic priorities, business decisions, organizational processes, and individual activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs; promoting and operationalizing customer service as a value.
- Effective Time Management – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Highly Effective communication skills – Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that helps them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
- Goal Oriented – Ambitious in nature, working to better the team as a whole by creating the greatest revenue and margin increases.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Goal and action oriented.
- Must be able to relocate to open sales territory based on business need and after completion of 18-month training program.
- One to three years of sales experience.
- Previous sales internships.
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Required to travel between terminal sites and customer locations.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
We will be hiring 5 candidates to start January 1 and 10 candidates to start June 1.
We are looking to develop the future leaders of our company with this program. They will start at $50k plus pfp and will be at $60k plus pfp at the end of the 18 months. The only catch is they would have to be open to relocating to somewhere in the US at the end of the 18 months, but we will provide a relocation package of $5,000.
Apply at yrc.com/careers or Account Executive Program-Overland Park, KS (1/1/19 Start)