Company Name: BKD CPAs & Advisors
Brief Company Description: BKD is a place where people build careers, gain new skills and enjoy big firm resources with a small firm approach to teamwork and camaraderie. We focus on providing unmatched client service to everyone we encounter—both in the marketplace and in our offices. We also offer the support, resources and opportunities you need to further develop your career. We listen to learn, combine innovation with practicality and give back to the communities where we live and work.
Job Title: Marketing Internship – Marketing & Business Development team
Job Description / Primary Responsibilities: BKD is actively seeking applicants for a Marketing Intern. This is a paid internship. The Marketing Intern will collaborate with the Marketing & Business Development team to facilitate certain public relations activities with the media and industry organizations, including the administration of logistics for all sponsorships and conventions approved by the Managing Partner and the respective industry teams.
- Conference Logistics
- Register for conference sponsorships and arrange shipping logistics
- Input leads from the conferences in our Customer Relationship Management system
- Event Planning
- Work collaboratively with marketing team to executive customer & prospect events.
- Develop powerpoint presentations to display at events.
- Public Relations and Other Responsibilities
- Write press releases and marketing material releases and ensure distribution to applicable local and regional media outlets
- Handle writing/editing projects as needed for the practice unit;
- Process industry organization membership renewal forms, sponsorships and conference registrations and ensure that payment is made as requested by industry marketing professionals and team leaders and approved by the Managing Partner
Required Qualifications: The Marketing & Business Development Intern is an independent thinker and a person who can take direction and initiate action. This individual is efficient, organized, detail oriented and able to multitask. He or she must be professional, upbeat, energetic and dependable and take ownership of and pride in his/her work.
- We are able to be flexible with your school schedule providing you are able to:
- Accommodate our normal business hours of Monday-Friday 8am-5pm and;
- Commit to at least 12-15 hours per week during the Academic year and;
- 20+ hours per week during the summer
- Must be at least a Junior and pursuing a degree in marketing, advertising, or related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in major and overall is required (Copy of official transcript is required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Maintain a residence within the local area of Springfield, MO
Job Location: Springfield, MO
Start Date / End Date: January 13, 2020-July 2, 2020
Pay / Compensation: Paid internship (determined by experience)
Application Instructions: Click here to apply directly to the BKD career site.