Company Name: COB Public Relations at Missouri State University
Information Form: https://graduate.missouristate.edu/Assets/graduate/COBPRGA.pdf
The COB Public Relations Graduate Assistant is a joint endeavor between the office of university communications and the College of Business. The position is for fall, spring and summer semesters beginning June 1 or Aug. 16, 2021. The graduate assistant will work in the office of university communications and is supervised by the director or assistant director of the office of university communications. The graduate assistant will maintain regular communication with the dean of the College of Business and/or a designee. The COB GA is to assist Missouri State University and the College of Business in attaining its recruitment, enrollment and advancement objectives through focused public relations and marketing activities. The graduate assistant contributes to this goal through writing, technical support and other tasks.
Job Title and Description/Primary Responsibilities: Graduate Assistantship
- Write news releases about the College of Business, its students or faculty.
- Develop and post content for COB and/or COB department blogs.
- Write content for COB alumni publication.
- Develop and promote social media for COB departments or programs.
- Build email newsletter using available content.
Other Duties Might Include:
- Promote university events through social media.
- Write articles for other university publications.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, creative writing, journalism, English or a closely related field.
- Must be admitted to a graduate program and meet minimum qualifications for a graduate assistant, as set forth by the Graduate College.
- Strong interviewing, writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to research complex subjects and identify key concepts or issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn basic web maintenance skills, utilizing a content management system.
- Availability to work Monday – Friday for a total of 20 hours per week.
- To interview university faculty members, students and alumni.
- To write compelling stories for print and web use.
- To organize text to maximize scanning activity.
- To produce written documents in the English language with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation and grammar.
- To research relevant areas and summarize the pertinent information.
- To communicate effectively with story contacts and with fellow employees.
- To handle several tasks at once while paying attention to detail.
- To always be friendly and helpful to the public to ensure quality customer service and good public affairs.
- Pushes, pulls and carries up to 25 pounds.
- Primarily indoors with heating and cooling regulated in a general office environment
Location: Missouri State University
Submit a graduate assistantship application, a cover letter, current resume and two writing samples (via mail or email) to:
Nicki Donnelson, Assistant director
Missouri State University
901 S. National
Springfield, Missouri 65897