Fall is upon us which means…
Hoodies, bonfires, and football!
What you may not realize regarding the upcoming financial aid dates, deadlines, and opportunities that take place this fall.
Here’s what to watch for:
- Payments: September 25th and October 25th are all the dates for this semester’s payments.
- FAFSA: October brings Halloween masks, horror movies, and candy…but don’t forget about filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. The 2017-18 application opens in October and closes March 31st.
- General & Department Scholarship Application for 2017-18: November brings midterms, turkey, and pumpkin pie, and the chance to receive free money for your education! Don’t miss the opportunity to apply. The deadline is March 1st, 2017.
You may be wondering how you will keep track of all these dates, deadlines, and opportunities and here are a few tips:
- Create a reminder in your cellphone.
- Purchase a planner from the bookstore that has these dates in it already OR buy your own planner and write down the dates inside.
- Write it down. If you’re not going to ever open your planner after purchasing one, because planners aren’t your thing, then write it down on a sticky note and put it somewhere where you’ll see it when it comes time to look at your financial aid status.
To learn more visit: http://www.missouristate.edu/financialaid/
Created by Nicole Lehman, Financial Literacy Ambassador, MoState Real LIFE.