Beginning this month, we’ll be posting draft minutes within a week of the Staff Senate meeting. This isn’t something that has happened for a long time, but it is a change that many have asked for and that we think is important. In addition, we’ll begin posting the upcoming agenda this month a couple of weeks in advance of the July meeting, and we’ll resume our monthly email to the campus to let staff know what all is going on.
The recent Staff Senate meeting covered a lot, so be sure to check out the draft minutes and consider joining us for the July meeting on Thursday, July 7th in PSU 313 at 11 a.m.!
Highlights from this month’s minutes
A resolution will go to the Board of Governors at the June 16th meeting to propose the following:
- A 6.6% salary range adjustment for Missouri State University staff.
- A new provision to deal with reclassification due to changes in job duties. The current policy limits salary adjustments for reclassifications to 5%. The new policy will allow for a change in salary up to 12%.
- A new provision to deal with offices that have lost people due to reorganization or retirement and in which the position will not be filled permanently. There is currently no mechanism to address the increased workload of the remaining staff in regards to salary. This new provision will allow a 12% increase (based on remaining staff salaries) to be allocated amongst the remaining staff.
- A new provision currently being referred to as Sustained Commendable Performance. For staff below the middle of their salary range who have received a 4.5 or higher on their ADP for three years, there would be the potential for a 12% increase in pay. This would look at the past 3 years’ ADP scores and could be used in the future as well.
- A new provision to allow for offices to be open while classes are canceled due to inclement weather. Under this provision, even if classes are canceled, the University would have the clear authority to require staff to come to work. If staff are unable to reach campus due to inclement weather while offices are open, they would have to take leave.
Baseball tickets for staff/faculty appreciation night are still on sale for $6. Contact Dixie Williams for more information.
Cathy McFall announced that the new Chartwells Dining Services contract includes a Faculty/Staff Meal Plan. Chartwells has matched Sodexo’s previous plan of a block of 10 meals for $35.00. The plan is designated for use in Dining Centers (Blair-Shannon, Garst, and Kentwood only).