Take a moment to learn all that is going on in the Division of Student Affairs this week.
- Student Career Ambassadors – The Career Center is hiring a student work force for next year! Student Career Ambassadors are an integral part of the Career Center team. These student employees provide one–on–one guidance to their peers by assisting with professional document creation and editing and by providing basic career resources. Share this info with the students in your area: https://blogs.missouristate.edu/studentaffairs/files/2021/04/StudentCareerAmbassador2021JobPosting.pdf
- Bear Crew 2021 – For fall 2021, Residence Life, Housing and Dining is bringing Bear Crew out of hibernation to once again create a unique welcome experience and assist our students with moving into the residence halls. Move-in will take place the week before classes start, and Residence Life is looking for student volunteers from Wednesday, August 18 – Saturday, August 21, from 9am-6pm daily. In order to spread the word about our Bear Crew volunteer opportunity, please sharing this link with students in your area. https://blogs.missouristate.edu/studentaffairs/files/2021/04/2021StudentBearCrew.pdf
- Bookstore Annual Tent Sale -Mark your calendar so you do not miss out! The bookstore is planning our annual in-person tent sale during the week of May 3, 2021. Will be open throughout the day, every weekday of the week, and an event you do not want to miss! Discounts start at 50% and escalate daily throughout the week! Chance to get great BearWear at great prices! Hope to see you there … often throughout the week. https://www.missouristatebookstore.com/
- Covid-19 Support at Magers Family Health and Wellness Center – When you think of the heroes that have stepped up during the Covid-19 pandemic, you must think of the doctors, nurses and staff members of Magers Health and Wellness Center. Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, Magers Health and Wellness stayed open to assist students, employees, and the University with COVID care and management. https://blogs.missouristate.edu/studentaffairs/2021/04/20/covid-19-support-at-magers-family-health-and-wellness-center/
- Spotlight on the Student Affairs Advisory Board – Sitting in a room with student leaders from across the Missouri State campus is a great way to spend an hour. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to visit with members of the Student Affairs Advisory Board sponsored by the Division of Student Affairs. Our conversation was enlightening for someone who hasn’t been a college student for, well, more years than we will talk about. https://blogs.missouristate.edu/studentaffairs/2021/04/13/spotlight-on-the-student-affairs-advisory-board-division-of-student-affairs/
Bonus: 2021 – 2026 Long-Range Plan Virtual Town Hall – President Smart and the Long-Range Plan steering committee will present the 2021 – 2026 Long-Range Plan to faculty and staff on Friday, April 30th. There will be opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback on the plan.
- When: 3-5 p.m., April 30
- Where: Zoom or telephone 312-626-6799. International numbers are available.
- Webinar ID: 814 8360 7859
- Who: President Clif Smart
The town hall will be recorded and posted on this website following the event.