Welcome back! We hope you had a wonderful holiday and got some much needed rest! Take a moment to see what’s going on this week in the Division of Student Affairs.
1. Open Forum for the Coordinator, Student Engagement – The Office of Student Engagement extends an invitation to the Division of Student Affairs to join us for an Open Forum for the Coordinator, Student Engagement – Co-Curricular Involvement position.
Open Forum: Wednesday, January 19, 2022, at 1pm Zoom, https://missouristate.zoom.us/j/99113155491
Candidate: Briar Douglas
Topic: Best Practices in Supporting & Growing Student Organizations
2. Springfield Branch #4081 NAACP presents “Creating the Beloved Community” March – Join Springfield Branch #4081 NAACP for the “Creating the Beloved Community” March, January 17th. The March starts at 9am at Mediacom Ice Park at 9am and ends at The Square. A short program will follow after the March.
3. A Conversation with Dee – The Division of Student Affairs is an inclusive unit of many different personalities and ideas. From seasoned professionals to those new to the field, conversations and the sharing of these ideas is an excellent way for the division to remain champions for student success. Join Dr. Siscoe for a conversation and sharing of ideas on February 8th via Zoom. Space is limited to 10 so sign up today here: https://dosaforms.missouristate.edu/view.php?id=210870 Stay tuned for the conversations each month throughout the Spring semester.
4. Join a Student Affairs Committee – Within the Division of Student Affairs, there are various opportunities for staff to get involved, and one of these are our committees and teams. These committees and teams offer you an opportunity to help strengthen collaboration and cooperation amongst the departments in the division. Staff is encouraged to participate in one or more of these committees.
The committees are:
1. Planning and Assessment Team
2. Student Affairs Staff Development Committee
3. Networking Team
4. Inclusion Awareness Team
To find out more, visit https://studentaffairs.missouristate.edu/committees-and-teams.htm.
5. Welcome to the Division of Student Affairs – We are happy to welcome the following new staff members to our division:
William McCoy – Residence Life
Maloleoia Toa Sio – Residence Life
Divya Thakkar – Counseling Center
Shaylee Motzkus – Financial Aid
Chelsea Davis – Disability Resource Center
Carlye Genisio – Office of Student Engagement
Edward Stockman – Registrar
Marissa Carter – Residence Life
6. Bear a Friend – Send a Sleuth (a group of bears) to a co-worker, friend, professor here at Missouri State. You can send a bunch of bears for a one-time suggested donation of $5.00. The collected funds will go to the Student Emergency Fund. How does it work? Complete the form below and under the cover of darkness (or whenever their office is empty), your friends space will come alive with bears! The bears will be collected from the office two days after the bearing has taken place. Make a friend/co-worker feel special and have some fun! They’ll receive a note saying “You’ve been BEARed” along with your message! Learn more here: https://dosaforms.missouristate.edu/view.php?id=207371
7. Student Affairs Spring All-Staff Meeting – Mark your calendar for Thursday, January 27th for the Spring Student Affairs All Staff Meeting starting at 8 am. This event was scheduled to be held “in-person” but we are changing it to be held virtually. The zoom address is https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86049781745. Our agenda for that morning includes information about Enrollment, SEM progress, our Committees/Teams, COVID and many other important topics. I will look forward to seeing you all on-line for our meeting on the 27th!
8. The Union Club – The Union Club will open on January 18th, normal hours 11:00 am to 1:00 p.m. Just a reminder that you can get your meal to go if you do not want to dine in.
BONUS: SOAR Sessions January 12th and January 13th – We look forward to welcoming our new students and their family members to campus for their SOAR (Student Orientation, Advisement and Registration) session on Wednesday, January 12th and Thursday, January 13th. These incoming students will be starting classes on Tuesday, January 18th!