The new Missouri State University homepage and top-level site launched on Aug. 9, 2010, just a couple weeks before the opening of the fall semester.
The homepage includes several components:
- The masthead still incorporates the University logo, site index and search options, only in a more streamlined fashion.
- The media hub has several tabs that provide quick access to video, photos, athletics, online course content and spirit sharing. It also offers a BearPass login, which can be used to access My Missouri State, email and Blackboard. Different tabs will load first each day, and the hub colors and background will change throughout the year.
- The news and events area showcases the dynamic nature of campus through an activity stream of posts, videos and photos from a variety of sources. It also offers current news releases and a daily events calendar.
- Promo buttons continue to provide an opportunity to share campus initiatives and events but in a more flexible format that allows for headlines, dates and text.
Of course, a website is never really finished. Features will continue to be added and tweaked over time.
This project’s success is due to over seven months of hard work by the implementation team:
- Sara Clark, project lead, office of web and new media
- Chad Killingsworth, technical lead, office of web and new media
- Lindsay Winchester, design lead, office of web and new media
- Stacey Funderburk, office of publications
- Brian Heaton, office of web and new media
- Brad Mitchell, office of web and new media
- Andrea Mostyn, office of university communications
Also, special thanks to several other key players:
- Michael Percival, computer services
- Web and new media student workers Danny Cook, Simon Deke, Brittany Dilts, Jacob Zweifel and Brad Fortenberry
- Computer services networking staff
- Sandra Miller, university advancement