In this series we inspire you to create fun, insightful blog posts, which help convey an inviting, communicative atmosphere to current and prospective students.
A post we loved
Haven’t posted for a while? Don’t worry. We found inspiration in the Department of Theatre and Dance, which recently posted a gallery featuring images from the September 2016 production of Ballad Hunter. The pictures illustrate the characters’ emotions as captured on camera. You can add images or even create a gallery.
This post works because it showcases a recent event. It also provides an inside glimpse of the production to a broad audience — including those who live far outside Springfield.
A new take on a classic post
Need a fresh idea? Here one idea: interview a faculty or staff member. Think of fun questions such as:
- What would you tell yourself at 20?
- What’s the worst advice you’ve ever received?
- What’s your favorite album?
- What would you do if you weren’t teaching?
- What day would you repeat if you could?
Have fun and showcase the personality of your colleagues, whether they’ve just arrived or have been here for a while.
Ask four or five questions and write responses in either a traditional journalistic style or as a series of questions and answers. Try asking several people the same questions and posting the responses each month. Call the segment something lighthearted like “Five Awesome Questions.” Snap a photo and add it to the post. Remember to mention it on social media.
Reach out with blogging questions
Need help getting started? Drop us a line.
- Accessibility series: descriptive links - April 20, 2017
- Accessibility series: color contrast - April 7, 2017
- Free photo days for faculty and staff - April 6, 2017
- Accessibility series: alt text - April 3, 2017
- Social media kit: Fourth annual Missouri Public Affairs Hall of Fame - February 7, 2017
- Top 5 reasons to add an event to master calendar - January 17, 2017
- Blogging inspiration: share an event - November 29, 2016
- Social Media Kit: Community Engagement Project - November 8, 2016
- Social Media Kit: Tour of the Globe - November 1, 2016
- You are my inspiration: ideas to support your blogging - November 1, 2016