We’re looking for a smart, creative individual to join the web and new media team.
- Manages the academic website redesign projects
- Works to ensure that assigned websites and social media content, branding and marketing messages are created, maintained, updated and evaluated for effectiveness and efficiency
- Uses invention, imagination, originality and talent to write and edit content for assigned websites and other electronic applications
- Facilitates the achievement of departmental goals and objectives through public relations activities and contributes to various print materials
The new media specialist contributes to a variety of university projects:
Starting salary: $31,932-36,330 annually. Pay grade: 42.
Group health insurance, life insurance, retirement, tuition waivers, wellness programs and professional development opportunities. Learn more about benefits.
Desired skills and experience
A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism or a related area is required.
Either one year work experience in a professional position in a public relations environment or a minimum of three semesters experience in a part-time position in a similar professional setting is required. Work experience in higher education is preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, including writing and/or editing experience with print and electronic media. Knowledge of basic content management software and strong proofreading and editing skills are required. Organizational and planning skills are required. Knowledge of word processing and social media applications are required. Supervisory experience is preferred. Knowledge of database and/or spreadsheet applications is preferred. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
The scope of the job requires some evening and weekend work. Occasional overnight or out-of-town travel is required. Extended periods of time working at a computer workstation are required. Visual and audio acuity within normal ranges are required.
Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse student and community populations. Employment will require a criminal background check at University expense.
EO/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Employer and Institution
- Recap: Web Accessibility Summit - June 15, 2018
- Learn accessibility best practices - April 13, 2018
- Improving website security - August 31, 2017
- Web Press to be upgraded June 7-8 - June 1, 2017
- Free workshop: Become a security ninja - May 18, 2017
- Do your part for web accessibility - March 2, 2017
- Our picks from #heweb16 - February 2, 2017
- Missouri State seeks full-time new media specialist - January 31, 2017
- Better search results now available - August 18, 2016
- Missouri State seeks full stack developer/engineer - June 24, 2016