The state of Missouri will soon be honoring some of its finest citizens for their outstanding work for the betterment of others through the Missouri Public Affairs Hall of Fame.
The fifth class of honorees in the Hall of Fame — Peter Herschend, Jean Carnahan, Phyllis Washington, General John J. Pershing and Lane McConnell — are set for induction on April 13, 2018. The induction ceremony and banquet is open to the public, but guests must purchase tickets to attend.
You can show your support for these outstanding individuals by spreading the word about the Missouri Public Affairs Hall of Fame and its honorees.
Missouri Public Affairs Hall of Fame dinner and induction ceremony
April 13, 2018, 6-8 p.m.
White River Conference Center in Springfield, Missouri
The dinner and induction ceremony is open to the public, but guests must purchase tickets to attend. The honorees set for induction into the Hall of Fame are Peter Herschend, Jean Carnahan, Phyllis Washington, General John J. Pershing and Lane McConnell.
$40 per person. You can purchase tickets online.
Share your story
Help us spread the word about the Missouri Public Affairs Hall of Fame through social media.
We encourage you to join the online conversation about the Hall of Fame by posting about it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tagging your posts with the official hashtag: #ShowMeCitizens
Make your post social media savvy
- Tag the post with the official Missouri Public Affairs Hall of Fame hashtag: #ShowMeCitizens.
- If applicable, tag the post with the Springfield, Missouri, hashtag: #SGF.
- If you would like to provide a link for more information on the event, please link to: http://bit.ly/2jHOF2018.
- On Facebook, tag when applicable Farmers Market of the Ozarks and for Lane McConnell, Silver Dollar City for Peter Herschend.
- On Twitter, tag when applicable Phyllis Washington as the superintendent of @AllenVillageSch, Peter Herschend with @SDCAttractions, Jean Caranhan with @MoDemParty and @SenateDems and Lane McConnell with @MoAgriculture and @FMOzarks.
- Boost your post by including a photo.
The following photos are available for your use:
Sample social media posts
- Honor #ShowMeCitizens who’ve bettered the lives of others by attending the MO Public Affairs Hall of Fame induction. http://bit.ly/2jHOF2018
- Join in honoring five outstanding #ShowMeCitizens at the MO Public Affairs Hall of Fame on April 13. Tickets are $40 http://bit.ly/2jHOF2018
- Hall of Fame honors #ShowMeCitizens Peter Herschend, Jean Carnahan, Phyllis Washington, General John J. Pershing and Lane McConnell at the fifth hall of fame induction ceremony http://bit.ly/2jHOF2018
- MO Public Affairs HOF honors @SDCAttractions co-owner & co-founder Peter Herschend who also served on @MOEducation board #ShowMeCitizens http://bit.ly/2HOFHerschend
- MO Public Affairs HOF honors the first woman in Missouri history to serve in the U.S. Senate, Jean Carnahan @SenateDems @MoDemParty #ShowMeCitizens
- MO Public Affairs HOF honors education advocate Phyllis Washington superintendent of @AllenVillageSch http://bit.ly/2HOFWashington #ShowMeCitizens
- MO Public Affairs HOF honors General John J. Pershing for his military achievements during WWI. He would go on to mentor great leaders such as General Patton http://bit.ly/2HOFPershing #ShowMeCitizens
- MO Public Affairs HOF honors Lane McConnell for co-founding @FMOzarks and her work with @MoAgriculture http://bit.ly/2HOFMcConnell #ShowMeCitizens
Sample Facebook posts:
Sharing about the Missouri Public Affairs Hall of Fame on Facebook allows for some additional customization.
- Example 1
- Post text: Join fellow Missourians in honoring five outstanding #ShowMeCitizens at the Missouri Public Affairs Hall of Fame April 13, as we induct Peter Herschend, Jean Carnahan, Phyllis Washington, General John J. Pershing and Lane McConnell. http://bit.ly/2jHOF2018
- Example 2
- Example 3
- Post text: Celebrate the induction of Jean Carnahan into the Missouri Public Affairs Hall of Fame on April 13. Carnahan is the the first female in Missouri history to serve in the U.S. Senate. http://bit.ly/2HOFCarnhan
- Example 4
- Post text: Join the Missouri Public Affairs Hall of Fame in recognizing Phyllis Washington for her work improving education for students in Kansas City. #ShowMeCitizens http://bit.ly/2HOFWashington
- Example 5
- Example 6
- Post text: Celebrate the life and military career of General John J. Pershing who was largely credited with the success of World War I by President Woodrow Wilson. #ShowMeCitizens http://bit.ly/2HOFPershing
- Recap: Hello Omni CMS, goodbye Web Press! - March 14, 2023
- Improve your Omni CMS skills at this free training - February 21, 2023
- Celebrate Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) on May 19 - May 16, 2022
- New Content Management System Coming Soon - March 3, 2021
- Meet our newest team member: Valerie Cummings - October 20, 2020
- Graduate students: Share the stories of MSU - May 1, 2019
- New design for university websites - April 17, 2019
- Marketing and communications offices have new names - July 6, 2018
- Social Media Kit: Spring 2018 Public Affairs Conference - March 27, 2018
- Lessons learned from the Alumni Association and Bear Bulletin redesigns - March 2, 2018