The Web Strategy and Development team recently led the process to acquire a new content management system (CMS) for university websites. This means that all Web Press sites will have an entirely new and improved editor experience. The name of product is Omni CMS, offered by Modern Campus (formerly OmniUpdate). The Omni CMS platform was developed specifically for Higher Education and has many features that we will utilize.
Some of the many advantages this new system will bring, are:
- Regular online training for editors and administrators.
- Online knowledge base and other resources.
- More seamless editing with a deep link feature allowing you to login directly from the live website page you want to edit.
- WYSIWYG editor with drag and drop functionality.
- A pre-publish accessibility checker within the system.
- A cloud hosted platform.
- A cost effective solution.
We are planning for website migration to take place in April and May of this year. When we are ready to migrate your site, we will reach out to editors and work together to complete site migration to the new Omni platform. Prior to that, we will be connecting with various departments and units to help ensure websites are up-to-date. Old and outdated content will need to be removed and cleaned up. This will result in a much smoother process and a more pristine website after migration.
We look forward to collaborating with our colleagues to usher all of our websites into this new platform. You’ll be hearing from us in April or May, but please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions at email@example.com.
- New Content Management System Coming Soon - March 3, 2021
- Meet our newest team member: Valerie Cummings - October 20, 2020
- Graduate students: Share the stories of MSU - May 1, 2019
- New design for university websites - April 17, 2019
- Social Media Kit: Fall 2017 #BearGrads - November 28, 2017
- All New Search Site Launched - June 9, 2014
- How to Write Closure-compiler Extern Files – Part 1 The Basics - September 12, 2013
- Latest Campus Map Source Code - May 1, 2013
- The Return of Shuttle Tracking - April 30, 2013
- April Fools’ Day 2013 - April 1, 2013