Sometimes during a major system implementation, sample messages inadvertently make their way to a live website. Such was the case yesterday when an orphaned training session alert went live on ten websites. The following message was displayed.
Attack successfully repelled
We are excited to report that the attack was successfully repelled with only minor scratches suffered by the web support team. Web Support Help Desk supervisor Brian Heaton stated “…it was a brief but ferocious attack; it’s a great day to be a Bear!”
Implementation of new CMS continues
Progress on implementation of the new CMS continues, with ten MSU Springfield websites already live and plans to go-live in December with 60+ West Plains websites. Websites published from the new CMS, Omni CMS, include Marketing and Communications, Class Schedule, Catalogs, Guide to Services, Visitors Guide and Research.
The Web Strategy and Development team recently led the process to acquire a new content management system (CMS) for university websites. This means that all Web Press sites will have an entirely new and improved editor experience. The name of product is Omni CMS, offered by Modern Campus (formerly OmniUpdate). The Omni CMS platform was developed specifically for Higher Education and has many features that we will utilize.
Some of the many advantages this new system will bring, are:
- Regular online training for editors and administrators.
- Online knowledge base and other resources.
- More seamless editing with a deep link feature allowing you to login directly from the live website page you want to edit.
- WYSIWYG editor with drag and drop functionality.
- A pre-publish accessibility checker within the system.
- A cloud hosted platform.
- A cost effective solution.
We are planning for website migrations to occur as quickly as possible, but will probably extend into summer 2022. When we are ready to migrate your site, we will reach out to editors and work together to complete site migration to the new Omni CMS platform. Prior to that, we will be connecting with various departments and units to help ensure websites are up-to-date. In the meantime, please remove old and outdated content as time permits, which will help streamline the process and result in a more pristine website after migration.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions at WebSupport@MissouriState.edu.
- Website editor open lab sessions for summer 2022 relocated downtown - June 3, 2022
- Martian attack repelled; content management system implementation proceeds - December 1, 2021
- Recap: Accessibility according to actual people with disabilities - August 27, 2021
- Unused Web Press assets archived - July 7, 2021
- Web Press open lab sessions for summer 2021 - June 11, 2021
- Web Press upgrade complete - July 31, 2020
- Web Press to be upgraded Friday, July 31 - July 30, 2020
- Unused Web Press assets archived - July 7, 2020
- Web Press upgrade complete - June 9, 2020
- Web Press to be upgraded Tuesday-Wednesday, June 9-10 - June 5, 2020