Free Portrait Days will be held on Aug. 30-31. This event is open to all Missouri State faculty and staff. It’s a great opportunity to ensure that university websites and publications are using your up-to-date, professional headshot.
- Who: Open to Missouri State faculty and staff
- When: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 30 and Wednesday, Aug. 31
- Where: Plaster Student Union, Room 317
Today, we upgraded the university’s search to help you better find what you need. Search results are now powered by Google Custom Search, which is based on Google’s core search technology.
Give it a whirl
Enter a term into the search box at the top of the Missouri State homepage.
Feel free to email your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org — we promise to keep making tweaks to improve your results.
We appreciate the support from SGA and Staff Senate, and the additional funding from the university, to help make this project happen.
Posted in News
Welcome Weekend 2016 introduces new Bears to campus life and welcomes returning students back to campus. Highlights of the weekend include Playfair on Friday, Bear Bash on Saturday, and New Student Convocation, Bear Path and the Belong-B-Q on Sunday.
- What: Welcome Weekend 2016
- When: Thursday, Aug. 18 – Sunday, Aug. 21
- Where: All over campus
Share your story
The best Welcome Weekend stories come from those who live it. When you attend any of the weekend events, we want to hear about your experience. We encourage you to join the online conversation throughout by posting about it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tagging your posts with the official hashtag: #GoMaroon
Make your post social media savvy
- Tag posts with the official Welcome Weekend hashtag: #GoMaroon
- Whenever possible, tag Missouri State University or @missouristate
- To provide a link for more information on the event, please link to http://www.missouristate.edu/welcome/
- When you post to Facebook, boost your update by including a photo or video.
- Nothing beats a first-hand perspective. When you attend a Welcome Weekend event, consider sharing a photo from or quote about your experience. Images below are pre-cropped for optimal use on Facebook and Twitter.
We have more than 50 Missouri State GIFs available on GIPHY. Discover how to utilize them on Twitter and other social media platforms.
We’re providing Snapchat geofilters all weekend, like this one.
Sample social media posts
- Move-in is almost here. Learn more about making the move to MSU on Aug. 18-19. http://bit.ly/1APw9g8 #GoMaroon
- #GoMaroon at MSU during Welcome Weekend. Check out the lineup of great events: http://bit.ly/1pNX0Dt
- Kick off the new school year at Bear Bash Aug. 20. Join the Fan Fest pre-party too: http://bit.ly/1APxvHR #GoMaroon
- Welcome new students to campus during New Student Convocation Aug. 21: http://bit.ly/1B8P19U #GoMaroon #CitizenBear
- What Welcome Weekend event are you looking forward to the most? Check out the lineup: http://bit.ly/1pNX0Dt #GoMaroon
- Making the move to MSU? Review our packing recommendations and move-in tips: http://bit.ly/1APw9g8
The Web Press open lab sessions return to their regular location in Cheek 100 effective Friday, August 19, 2016.
The regularly scheduled time of 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. remains in effect.
Please contact the Web Help Desk at 417-836-5271 (1:00-5:00) or email@example.com if you have any questions.
The Web Press training schedule for August through December 2016 is now available.
Sessions will be held at the following times:
- Tuesday, August 23, 2016 – 2:00 – 4:00, Cheek 100
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016 – 2:00 – 4:00, Cheek 100
- Monday, September 19, 2016 – 2:00 – 4:00, Cheek 100
Advance registration is required.
Self-guided training modules are available at any time. In-person assistance is available during weekly open lab sessions held every Friday 2:00 – 4:00. Telephone and email support is available weekday afternoons 1:00 – 5:00 at 417-836-5271 and firstname.lastname@example.org, respectively.
You got a friend in me
Add your new buddies on social so you can meet up again! You can even check out the library while you do it – maybe you’ll run into your pal! (Meet his other friends by following him on Twitter.)
Get Missouri State famous! See someone filming with a video camera? They’re looking for a star – and it’s you! Get out there and strut your stuff. You may find yourself in a video like –
Hashtag it up
Gotta tell the Twitter world how much you love Missouri State? Yeah you do. Add #GoMaroon and tweet yo’ self. You may start a trend.
Remember in “Independence Day” (the first one) when the General tells Bill Pullman, “Mr. President, I’d sure like to know what you’re doing here.” He’s a pilot and belongs in the air! We know! What would your own school president say ? Just ask @ClifSmart on Twitter.
Write the Story (on Snapchat!)
Show off your new campus on Snapchat with the Bears filter. Take a photo, then swipe right until you see the Make Your Missouri Statement filter!