Speed Up Your Map with Closure-Compiler

Google recently posted a presentation I gave on using Closure Compiler to optimize your maps.

Slides: Speed up your map with Closure Compiler

About Chad Killingsworth

Chad Killingsworth is the assistant director and technical lead for the office of web & new media at Missouri State University.
Follow me on twitter
This entry was posted in Technical and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Speed Up Your Map with Closure-Compiler

1. Emi says:

Hi Chad,

Thank you for the time you’ve taken to share this info. I’ve got a question about mobile maps, KML files and geolocation.

Have you done any playing around with all three together. Currently I’m having some trouble meshing all three together. I can get a mobile map with a KML layer(s) applied but can’t get the geolocation, and I can get geolocation working on mobile devices, but am not able to apply my KML files to the map.

Any information you could share about this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

• The best and fastest way to get help with a specific map problem like you listed is to make a post on the Google Maps API V3 forum. Make sure to include a live link to your map when you do as that is required to actually debug the problem. There are many very knowledgeable users there (including myself) who invest a large portion of time helping others debug maps.

Google Maps API v3 Forum

2. Emi says:

Thank you Chad. I took a look and looks like the work you’ve done for the web-app and Android/iPhone campus map is what I’m looking to do.
    Are we able to modify your code and use it as we see fit?
    Thank you.

3. Mike Stone says:

Thank you for sharing this video Chad, very informative. I’ve always wondered why my mobile map was running slow. I’m definitely going to try Closure-Compiler. 

~ Mike