Over 120,000 alumni live around the world. Each with valuable skills and talents to share.
Singularly, alumni volunteers can influence and affect others; one interaction at a time.
Collectively, Missouri State alumni volunteer actions can affect more lives than can be counted.
Seeking volunteers who believe in MSU.
Like every organization, we have limited financial resources. Unlike other organizations, we have uniquely-bonded alumni resources worth more than our collective diplomas dipped in gold. The value of engaged volunteers who whole-heartedly believe in Missouri State is immeasurable. That makes the engagement of alumni volunteers a worthwhile mission. Aptly noted by Helen Keller,
“Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.”
As alumni, you can help us reach out and spread the word about MSU more effectively than we could on our own. Your first-person account of your MSU experience will run circles around any report or billboard. Alumni volunteers can tell their stories while networking with current students, networking with fellow Bears or serving in a leadership capacity.
So, what can alumni do?
Simple: Bring your strengths to the table, no matter where you live.
Volunteering for MSU is not a one-size-fits-all. Find the opportunity that means the most to you and make your maroon and white loyalty count.
The Alumni Association offers three categories of engagement opportunities:
- Alumni to student engagement – share your expertise and inspiration with current students: be a BearTalks speaker, host a Dinner with Eight Bears, participate in Speed Networking or assist the Career Center with a variety of student-serving activities.
- Alumni to alumni engagement – use your Bear pride to strengthen MarooNation pride: Host a MarooNation Party in a Box, be a Social Media Ambassador, help build and support Affinity and Regional networks, or join the University legislative network.
- Leadership – set the vision and steer the course: Serve on the MSU Alumni Association Board, share your perspectives on the Alumni Association Council, or serve on the Children’s and Young Adult Book Review Board of Missouri.
Take the plunge
Complete the volunteer interest form. It only takes two minutes for you to tell us which volunteer actions interest you. In the comments section, you can tell us about your skills or other information you think we should know. If you’re enthusiastic enough to want to help, we can use your skills.
We recognize the worth of your time
Life is busy and volunteering takes time and energy. Choose a volunteer role that best fits you. Loyal leaders will set the course. Dedicated doers will carry out tasks. Imaginative influencers will tell our story and encourage others to join.
You say you have no time?
That’s really believable these days. Believe it or not, you can still be involved. On your own time, when it best fits your schedule.
- Update your contact information to receive the Bear Bulletin, the Missouri State magazine, event invitations and more.
- Participate in BearWear Fridays by wearing your maroon and white. Snap and submit a photo and you may be featured on the MSU homepage on BearWear Fridays.
- Post a Class Note online and share your career, life or education news.
- Nominate a fellow Bear, faculty or staff member for a Bears of Distinction award.
- Attend Homecoming, the biggest MarooNation event of the year.
- Display your maroon and white pride with these exclusive alumni benefits.
- Join the MSU alumni LinkedIn group.
Belong to something bigger than yourself
So, take the plunge and volunteer. It’s the first step toward investing in Missouri State University, and the most loyal thing you can do.
The time you spent on campus was brief, but at Missouri State you became a member of the Bear family, for life. Your success is our success, and your contribution of time and talents will benefit past, present and future Bears.
Thanks in advance
Accepting a volunteer role at your alma mater is a worthy endeavor. One you will not regret.
Thank you for offering your powerful support.