It’s October! That means the changing of the leaves and changing of the season plus Fall Break is here. Are you looking for something fun to do with your friends or family? Here is a list of events happening around Springfield you may want to include in your plans or later down the road.
Be sure to keep in mind, there are a lot more events happening in or around Springfield that are not listed. See more Springfield events here.
- Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park (Harvest Fest, September 28th-October 28th). Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park is located in Springfield, MO. Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park includes: hayrides, a corn maze, pumpkin patch, and much more. Be sure to check them out on Facebook!
- Pythian Castle (recurring daily) is located right here in Springfield, MO. The Pythian Castle offers various events to choose from. Events include: an escape room, ghost tour, or even a history tour. Check out this following link to find out more and how to book today!
Pythian Castle Link: https://pythiancastle.com/
- Apple Butter Makin’ Days (October 12th- October 14th) is located in Mount Vernon Courthouse Square. This event is filled with contests and watching how apple butter is made. Click on the link to find out more about Apple Butter Makin’ Days!
Apple Butter Makin’ Days Link: http://www.mtvchamber.com/apple-butter-makin-days.html
- Art in the Park (October 13th and October 14th) is located at Sequiota Park in Springfield. Art in the Park offers a variety of art work to look at or purchase. For more information be sure to click on the following link.
Art in the Park Link: https://www.artcraftguild.org/art-in-the-park/
- Sounds of Autumn (October 14th; October 21st; October 28th) is going on every Sunday in the month of October. Sounds of Autumn is located at Springfield Botanical Garden at Nathanael Green/Close Memorial Park. For more information, be sure to check out the link below.
Kayla Andres is a junior, majoring in Elementary Education. She is a member of the Student Activities Council and the Student Alumni Association.