Did you and/or your student enjoy the SOAR experience? Encourage your student to help future bears have a successful orientation by serving as SOAR Leaders.
Top 3 reasons to be a SOAR Leader:
1. Building skills
SOAR Leaders strengthen useful and highly-marketable skills through practical, real-world application. These skills include:
- Group discussion and facilitation
- Public speaking
- Critical thinking
- Teamwork and collaboration
2. Earning perks
SOAR leaders earn several benefits for their work, including:
- Paid compensation (typically 40 hrs/week during summer months)
- Free on-campus housing during SOAR
- A free meal plan and Dining Dollar during SOAR
- Free BearWear
3. Building relationships
This position allows SOAR leaders to form bonds with:
- New students they mentor
- Fellow SOAR leaders, who often become lifelong friends
- Faculty and staff advisors, who often mentor them and provide professional references
- Other University administrators
If your student is interested in becoming a SOAR leader, encourage them to visit MissouriState.edu/SOARleader to learn more and apply.
They can also attend our upcoming Information Sessions, held in PSU 312 on:
- Wednesday, October 19 at 5 p.m.
- Thursday, October 20 at 5 p.m.
During these sessions, we’ll discuss SOAR Leaders’ qualifications, and responsibilities, and duties. We’ll also provide tips for applying for the position.
Your student can also contact us with questions. We’re looking forward to meeting your student!