Missouri State faculty, staff, and administrators – join CDR Director Dr. Charlene Berquist and Associate Director Heather Blades on Tuesday, October 5th, 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. via Zoom to explore how to give feedback forimprovement. This “Deep Dive” workshop is free for Missouri State faculty, staff, and administrators, but seats are limited and pre-registration is required. This session is approved for Master Advisor credit.
Feedback For Improvement
Constructive feedback can be a gift, but often the feedback we give is ineffective. This is particularly true when it comes to giving feedback on areas where improvement is needed, whether this feedback comes in the form of yearly reviews, ADPs, grading, etc. Others may dismiss our feedback, become angry and defensive, or feel frustrated and unsure of how to improve their performance. As a result relationships are damaged and valuable opportunities for growth are lost.
Giving effective feedback is an art, and this session will help you learn how to regularly provide constructive feedback that reinforces desired behaviors in others and identifies ways people can make positive changes. In this interactive online session we will do the following:
- Investigate the characteristics of effective and ineffective feedback.
- Learn how our traditional approaches to giving feedback are often ineffective and even destructive.
- Explore how people respond to feedback and why ineffective feedback is often rejected and fails to promote behavior change.
- Practice giving effective feedback for improvement.
- Examine our current approaches to giving feedback and make concrete plans for how we can provide others with effective feedback for improvement.
Due to the highly interactive nature of this “Deep Dive” workshop, seats are limited. Register now to reserve your seat. For more information visit www.MissouriState.edu/CDR/Campus-Workshops.htm, email CDR@MissouriState.edu, or call 417-836-8831.