The annual awards ceremony honors individuals in the college who have excelled in research, teaching or service.
The award winners
The 2022 recipients of the CNAS Faculty and Staff Awards include:
CNAS Faculty Excellence in Service Awards
- Dr. Cameron Wickham – Mathematics
- Dr. Melida Gutierrez – Geography, Geology and Planning
- Dr. Keiichi Yoshimatsu – Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Tina Hopper – Biology
- Melissa Schoeben – Biology
CNAS Faculty Excellence in Research Awards
- Dr. Chris Lupfer – Biology
- Dr. Fei Wang – Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Dr. Bob Pavlowsky – Geography, Geology and Planning
- Dr. Xingping Sun – Mathematics
CNAS Faculty Excellence in Teaching Awards
- Dr. Mohammed Yassine Belkhouche – Computer Science
- Dr. Matt McKay – Geography, Geology and Planning
- Dr. Jamil Saquer – Computer Science
- Dr. Gautam Bhattacharyya – Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Dr. Michelle Bowe – Biology
- Dr. Melanie Carden-Jessen – Geography, Geology and Planning
CNAS Excellence Award – Staff
- Scott Curtis – Laboratory and Stores Supervisor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry
About the awards and process
These winners received nominations from departmental personnel committees, department heads or students.
The nominations were then reviewed by a faculty committee for the faculty/staff awards and by a student committee for the student-nominated awards.
The award winners receive a certificate and a small monetary award.