Thank you to those who were able to attend the State of The College Address last Thursday. If you were unable to attend, the address is posted online: State of CNAS Address 2017
CNAS EVENTS THIS WEEK – Please announce in your classes this week!
- CNAS Student Expo on Wednesday, August 30 in Temple Hall Courtyard at 2:30-4:30 PM
- CNAS Study Groups Introduction on Thursday, August 31 in Temple Lecture Hall 003 at 6-7:30 PM
Remind your students about our Student Resources page: science.missouristate.edu/Student-Resources.htm
Public Affairs Week is September 9-15.
Internal Grants – Graduate College Please take advantage of this workshop and the internal funding opportunities. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The University 3MT® competition will be held on Friday, October 20, 2017 at Meyer Library, Room 101. The competition will begin promptly at 5:00 pm. A reception with refreshments for participants, judges, other audience members including faculty/administrators and community leaders will follow from 6:00 – 7:00 pm. CNAS Students must win the CNAS competition in order to participate on October 20th. Watch the next CNAS NEWS for more information!
The winner of the 3MT® competition will be announced during the evening and will represent Missouri State University at the regional competition during the Midwest Association of Graduate Schools (MAGS) annual conference in April.
Assessment of Student Learning Grants – http://www.missouristate.edu/assessment/assessmentgrants.htm
Assessment Grants support faculty in their efforts to assess student learning in public affairs and general education. These awards of $500 can go a long way towards implementing assessment plans in a program and we want you to take advantage of them! We are excited to offer these grants each semester. Due dates – September 22 and October 20.
- Sep 8 – Instructor drops for non-attendance 1st Block classes: calendar.missouristate.edu/event/93903/172653
- Sep 14 – By 5:00 PM, Citizen Scholar nominations due: http://calendar.missouristate.edu/event/96074/181246
- Sep 29 – By 5:00 PM, curricular proposals must be submitted through Curricular Action Workflow System to allow the dean and admin assistant time to review proposals and prepare agenda
- Sep 29 – Ranked Faculty and Instructor applicants submit dossiers to DHs; External Reviews due to DHs for inclusion in dossier
- Sep 29 – Study Away short-term proposal submissions due for programs departing in March, May, June, July and August 2018
- Sep 30 – Applications due for GA thesis funding
- Oct 2 – Faculty Research Grants: 9:00 AM to Dean’s Office (Gale) for dean’s signature (Dean’s Office submits by 5 PM)
- Oct 15 – International Travel Grants (due dates are Jan 15, Apr 15, Jul 15, Oct 15)
RECENTLY FUNDED GRANTS
- Alicia Mathis: Congratulations on the increase to your award from The National Park Service!
- Bob Pavlowsky and Toby Dogwiler: Congratulations on your new award from The National Science Foundation!
- Ridwan Sakidja: Congratulations on your new award from The National Science Foundation!
- The August ’17 issue of the Graduate Admissions Quarterly was distributed.
- Sean Maher and graduate student Emily Beasley presented posters at American Society for Mammalogists.
- Kyoungtae Kim studies protein in cell processes in an effort to understand disease progression.
- The chemistry department published their most recent newsletter Molecules & Moles.
- PAMS announced NASA Public Observing Nights at Baker Observatory! (see calendar below for dates and times)
IRONY: Printing on paper to tell people not to print on paper
Are you aware of the MSU Campus Garden?
The latest CNAS NEWS is published here – CNAS NewsWatch
CNAS CALENDAR – 2017
Aug 30 CNAS Student Expo, 2:30-4:30, Temple Hall courtyard (flyer attached)
Aug 31 CNAS Study Groups Introduction, 6-7:30 PM, Temple Lecture Hall 003 (flyer attached)
Sep 4 Labor Day (no classes, offices closed)
Sep 6 KME Mathematics Picnic & Scholarship Reception, 4:30-7 PM, Phelps Grove Park
Sep 9-15 Public Affairs Week (flyer attached)
Sep 10 BIO Picnic, 12-4 PM, Springfield Lake Northwoods Pavilion
Sep 14 Study Away Fair, 11 AM – 2 PM, PSU Atrium
Sep 20 Study Away Fall Faculty Luncheon, 12:30-2:00 PM, PSU 308 – click to RSVP by Fri, Sep 15
Sep 25 State of University Address, 12:15-1:15 PM, PSU Theatre
Sep 26 Armchair Series: Chris Lupfer – “From Allergies to Zika virus, the good and bad of the immune system”, 7 PM, Library Center
Sep 27 Majors Fair, 9:00-3:00
Sep 29 Study Away Short-Term proposals due
Sep 30 NASA Public Observing Nights at Baker Observatory, 7:30-10:30 PM
Oct 7 Fall Showcase
Oct 12-3 Fall Break – no classes
Oct 15 International Travel Grants due
Oct 20 3-minute thesis competition at 5:00 PM in Library 101 (Must win CNAS competition in order to participate)
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/cnas
- Follow CNAS on Twitter: @CNASatMSU
- Like CNAS on Facebook: CNAS at MSU