Severe Weather Test (aka tornado drill) is tomorrow at 10:00 AM!
Prior to the drill, review the severe weather procedures and the shelter locations for the buildings you frequently use. All departments, classes and residence halls are requested and strongly encouraged to participate, and for classes or labs that cannot be interrupted to participate in the drill, it is requested that instructors pause when the exercise begins and review the procedures the class is to follow in the event of an actual tornado warning. The total drill should last no more than 15 minutes.
Deadline to ORDER REGALIA for spring commencement is Friday, March 9! I look forward to seeing you there!
SEMINARS THIS WEEK
- Wed, Mar 7 – CHM seminar: Organofluorine Chemistry: Superacids to Medicinal Chemistry, by Prakash Reddy, 3:35-4:25, Meyer Library 101
- Thu, Mar 8 – CSC/CNAS seminar: Finding Your Voice: Lessons Learned Navigating the Worlds of Tech and Business, by Ariane Gorin, President Expedia Partner Solutions, 9:30-10:30 AM, PSU Theater
- Thu, Mar 8 – In celebration of Women’s HERstory Month, Alamo Drafthouse and Science Friday present Breakthrough: Portraits of Women in Science – 7:00-9:00 PM. Alamo Drafthouse, Tickets available
- Apply to be a judge of the Ozarks Science and Engineering Fair (OSEF), Judging occurs on Tuesday, March 27 – https://k12science.missouristate.edu/Judges.htm
- IDF (May 5) needs volunteers and judges! Students may register to be a volunteer. Faculty may register to be a judge.
- Assessment Workshop May 22-24, 2018. Several CNAS faculty have participated in the past. If you are interested go to the website for more information including registration information – https://www.missouristate.edu/assessment/annualassessmentworkshop.htm
OPPORTUNITIES for CNAS UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS!
- Missouri State University’s LOGOS: A Journal of Undergraduate Research is currently accepting submissions for research papers, art pieces, media pieces, poetry, short stories, and more from undergraduate students in every discipline. The final deadline for submissions is March 31, 2018. If you have any questions, email (email@example.com) or phone (417-836-5424). Check out the LOGOS website for further information and/or for submission instructions.
- CNAS Undergraduate Research Day is Thursday, May 3! Abstracts are Due Wednesday, April 19, 2018. https://science.missouristate.edu/assets/science/CNAS_Abstract_Poster_Instructions_for_2018.pdf
OPPORTUNITY for GRADUATE STUDENTS!
- The 25th annual Graduate Interdisciplinary Forum to present research is coming up on Saturday, May 5. Deadline to submit abstracts is Tuesday, April 10.
- Judy Meyer studies the Ozarks and finds commonality with Yellowstone National Park.
- March is Women’s HERstory Month. Check out Multicultural Programs for specific events!
- CNAS Professional Science Master’s webpage has been updated to include testimonial videos from two students.
- Register for Master Advisor Refresher Workshop (sessions are April 10 and April 20)
RecycleMania (nationwide competition) runs through March 31.
- Mar 9 – Faculty submit Equity Adjustment Requests to DHs
- Mar 9 – Nominations due for Wall Of Fame to Alumni Association
- Mar 9 – Deadline to order regalia for commencement
- Mar 15 – Nominations for Outstanding Graduate Assistant Awards
- Mar 21 – submit mid-semester grade rosters by 2:00 PM
- Mar 23 – Fall 2018 Showcase Proposals submitted by Faculty to
- Mar 28 – nominations for CNAS Faculty/Staff Awards are due to the Dean’s Office today
- Mar 30 – By 5:00 PM, curricular proposals submitted through Curricular Action Workflow System to allow dean and admin assistant time to review and prepare agenda.
- Mar 30 – students submit nominations for CNAS Student-Faculty Awards to the Dean (ceremony on May 3)
CNAS CALENDAR – 2018
Mar 6 Tornado warning drill at 10:00 AM (Review the severe weather procedures and shelter locations.)
Mar 5-7 Hospitality Leadership ACPHA Site Visit
Mar 8 Ariane Gorin from Expedia here to speak to students, PSU Theatre, 9:30-10:30 AM
Mar 10-18 Spring Break
Mar 27-29 OSEF – Ozarks Science and Engineering Fair (Judging – March 27)
Mar 29 Spring Holiday – Offices open, no classes
Mar 30 Spring Holiday – Offices closed, no classes
Apr 10 Hospitality Leadership Executive Speaker Series, 2:00-3:00, PSU Theater
Apr 11 Pummill Math Relays
Apr 19 Chemistry Scholarship Banquet
Apr 20 Chemistry Advisory Board Meets today
Apr 25-27 Collaborative Diversity Conference – Faculty and Staff may attend sessions at no cost but you must register online so there will be enough chairs in the room.
Apr 27-28 Missouri Academy of Science Annual Meeting in Rolla
May 1 All Faculty Recognition Reception 3-5 PM in PSU Ballroom
May 3 (THURSDAY) CNAS Undergraduate Research Day (abstracts due April 19)
Faculty & Staff awards (nominations due March 23)
Noon – Faculty and Staff Awards Ceremony (includes a light lunch for all attendees)
Noon -1:00 PM – All judging will for Undergraduate Research Day will occur during this time period.
Research Posters will be open to all from 1-3 PM
3:00 PM – Awards presented to research day winners.
May 5 Graduate College IDF (abstracts due April 10)
May 12-17 Final Exams
May 18 Spring Commencement CNAS Reception 2-4 PM, Temple Courtyard (rain location Temple Lecture Halls)
May 18 Spring Commencement (CNAS at 5:00 PM)
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM Spots on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/college-of-natural-and-applied-sciences
- Follow CNAS on Twitter: @CNASatMSU
- Like CNAS on Facebook: CNAS at MSU
- Inside Missouri State newsletter
- The Standard student newspaper
- Mind’s Eye scholarly publication
- LOGOS undergraduate research publication