5-year Work Milestones in CNAS
- Deana Gibson (GGP) – 35 years
- Sarah Morrissey (EGR) – 25 years
- Angela Plank (BIO) – 25 years
- Martha Templeton (MTH) – 10 years
- Tara Herring (BIO) – 10 years
- Erica Cox (BIO) – 10 years
- Marla Fritz (CHM/PAMS) – 5 years
Congratulations on your achievement and thank you for all you do to make your department and the college successful!
Student Employee of the Year Award
The nomination deadline is Friday, February 1, 2019. Show your Student Workers how much you value them and nominate them for their exceptionalism!
The Graduate College has funding opportunities for:
- International travel (due Tu, Jan 15)
- Research grants (due Feb 1)
SEMINARS (as submitted to the master calendar)
- Fri, Jan 25 – GGP: Conservation Planning Tools, by Ronda Burnett, 2:30-3:30 PM, Temple 345
- Fri, Feb 1 – GGP: Combat GIS, by David Johnson, 2:30-3:30 PM, Temple 345
Outstanding work by faculty, staff and students…
- Hospitality students Taylor Caldwell, Jared Dehart and Alexis Harness were selected to attend Drury Hotels College Days in St. Louis in November.
- Matt Siebert and a chemistry graduate student conduct experiments to identify the final few step in the development of the chemical compound rotenone.
- Tom Tomasi and two biology graduate students presented at the North American Society for Bat Research (NASBR) in October.
CNAS COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- Tu, Jan 15: College Council, Temple 145, 3 PM
- Wed, Jan 16: STEM LLC Committee, Temple 156, 10-11 AM
- Thu, Jan 17: CNAS Student Recruitment Committee, Temple 145, 3-4 PM
Missouri State Foundation Scholarships for Students – Applications are due March 1. Please let your advisees know that they can get help and guidance over the next couple of weeks.
- Thursday, January 17 from 9-11 AM in Cheek Hall 209
- Friday, January 18 from 9-11 AM in Cheek Hall 209
- Friday, January 18 from 2-4 PM in Temple Hall 303
- Wednesday, January 23 from 9-11 AM in Temple Hall 303
- Thursday, January 24 from 9-11 AM in Cheek Hall 209
- Monday, January 28 from 2:30-4:30 PM in Temple Hall 303
I hope you will join me at the MLK March on January 21. I’ll be at the Ice Park. Let’s march united!
Jan 15 CNAS College Council Meeting
Jan 21 MLK Holiday – No Classes/Offices Closed
Jan 26 Elementary Science Olympiad
Jan 26 Presidential Scholarship Interview Day
Feb 12 CNAS College Council Meeting
Feb 18 President’s Day – No Classes/Offices Closed
Feb 23 Regional Science Olympiad (middle/high school)
Mar 5 CNAS College Council Meeting
Mar 9-17 Spring Break
Mar 16-May 26 Smithsonian Traveling Exhibit – housed in Meyer Library
Mar 26-28 Ozarks Science & Engineering Fair (OSEF)
Mar 29 Admitted Student Day
Apr 4 HL Executive Speaker today!
Apr 9 CNAS College Council Meeting
May 3 CNAS Faculty/Staff Awards Presentation at NOON
May 3 CNAS Undergraduate Research Day
May 4 Einhellig IDF – Graduate College
May 11-16 Final Exams
May 17 Commencement
May 18-May 22 Annual Steam Outage (campus wide: domestic hot water, food service & facility heat)
June 10 Summer Session Begins
July 5 Tentative – Electrical Outage (Partial campus. More details to follow)
July 26 Summer Visit Day
August 2 Summer Session Ends