Free Portrait Days are this Thursday and Friday, February 7-8 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in PSU 317. Attending this event ensures you have an appropriate profile photo on university websites. This is a great opportunity for new faculty and staff members to have their pictures taken.
- Thu, Feb 14 – GGP: Origin of the Massive Eocene Heart Mountain Slide, WY, by David Malone, 2:15-3:15 PM, Temple 335
- Fri, Feb 22 – GGP: From Overtourism to Impact Travel: How Travel is Shaping our World, by Samantha Bray, 2:30-3:30 PM, Temple 345
We are interviewing faculty in mathematics and biology of the next few weeks. Please watch for more seminars to attend!
CNAS Dean’s Office is hosting a donation drive for Bear Pantry in PSU 131 to replenish their stock. Bear Pantry is available to all those in the MSU community who face food insecurity. Drop off your non-perishable items in Temple 142 and help support those in need!
- MOST NEEDED ITEMS INCLUDE: cereal, oatmeal, ramen noodles, macaroni and cheese, peanut butter, jelly, granola bars, chips, instant mashed potatoes, rice canned soup, canned vegetables, canned meats, canned fruits, tomato sauce, pasta noodles, coffee, dry/canned beans
Sun, Feb 10 – Hospitality Leadership Wine Tasting – 2-5 PM, Double Tree Hotel & Convention Center (supports the HL Board of Advisors Scholarship Fund, tickets required)
Sat, Feb 16 – Discover Engineering Day, 12-3 PM, Plaster Center for Free Enterprise
Sat, Feb 23 – Regional Science Olympiad – Watch for volunteer sign up information in the near future.
- Mon, Feb 4 – Black History Month Kick-Off, PSU Ballroom East, 4-7 PM
- Fri, Feb 8 – Chinese New Year Banquet and Show, 5:30-8:30 PM, PSU Ballroom/Theater (An appropriate greeting is “Happy New Year.” In Chinese, the greeting is Gung Hay Fat Choy (Cantonese pronunciation), Gungshi Shin Nien (Mandarin pronunciation. Check out the events during Chinese New Year Celebration Week.)
- Fri, Mar 1 and Fri, Apr 5 – LGBTQ+ Safe Zone Training, space fills up quickly so register early
ORDER REGALIA for Spring Commencement
Due date is Friday, March 8 – complete the online form
Outstanding work by faculty, staff and students…
- Paul Durham and graduate biology student Jessica Cox collaborated with the vineyards at MSU Mountain Grove to research the benefits of grape seeds.
- Undergraduate and graduate biology students presented and/or judged at the Arkansas IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) conference in November.
- The latest issue of DISCOVERIES was distributed on Thu, Jan 24.
- Traveling Smithsonian Exhibit “Roots of Wisdom: Native Knowledge. Shared Science”, March 18 – May 24, Meyer Library
- Missouri Academy of Science (MAS) annual meeting on April 12-13, 2019 – register and submit abstracts (deadline is Wed, March 20)
CNAS COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- Thu, Feb 7: Personnel Committee w/ Dean Jahnke, 4-5 PM, Temple 156
- Mon, Feb 11: Diversity Committee, 11:30 AM, Temple 145
- Tu, Feb 12: College Council, 3:30-4:30 PM, Temple 145
- Fri, Feb 15: STEM Education Committee, 9-10 AM, Temple 156
- Fri, Mar 22: STEM Education Committee, 9-10 AM, Temple 156
- Fri, Apr 26: STEM Education Committee, 9-10 AM, Temple 156
Feb 18 President’s Day – No Classes/Offices Closed
Feb 23 Regional Science Olympiad (middle/high school)
Mar 5 CNAS College Council Meeting
Mar 9-17 Spring Break
Mar 16-May 26 Smithsonian Traveling Exhibit – housed in Meyer Library
Mar 26-28 Ozarks Science & Engineering Fair (OSEF)
Mar 29 Admitted Student Day
Apr 4 HL Executive Speaker today
Apr 9 CNAS College Council Meeting
May 3 CNAS Faculty/Staff Awards Presentation at NOON
May 3 CNAS Undergraduate Research Day
May 4 Einhellig IDF – Graduate College
May 11-16 Final Exams
May 17 Spring Commencement
May 18-May 22 Annual Steam Outage (campus wide: domestic hot water, food service & facility heat)
June 10 Summer Session and SOAR begins today
July 5 Tentative – Electrical Outage (Partial campus. More details to follow)
July 26 Summer Visit Day
August 2 Summer Session Ends