Be kind. Be positive. Be strong. Be safe.
Masking on Campus
Masking Policy on campus – Please note that we do still have a masking mandate for academic buildings and all classrooms, labs and conference rooms in non-academic buildings (like the e-factory) on campus. This is nearly the same policy that we followed last semester. Masks are required in Meyer Library at this time.
CNAS Seminars and Recent News
Upcoming CNAS Seminars – If we are missing a seminar from your department please make sure #1 that it is on the university master calendar and that you tag CNAS and #2 that you send the information to Dylan Welker.
- GGP – 2:30-3:30PM, Friday, January 28 in Temple 002. By Craig Kreman, P.E.. “Working on a large Superfund Site in the Tri-State Mining District: an Environmental Engineer’s Perspective”
- GGP – 2:30-3:30PM, Friday, February 4 in Temple 002. By Dr. Krista Evans, MSU Assistant Professor in the GGP Department, “Rural Planning and the Amish Community”
Recent news from the college:
- Leading excellence in mathematics education
- If you would like to see past stories please visit CNAS NewsWatch!
Faculty Review Process
Faculty Annual Review Process 2022 –
- All faculty submit dossiers to Department Heads – February 1. In addition all publications must be submitted to Activity Insight (Digital Measures) by February 10.
- Tenure track faculty dossiers are passed on to the department personnel committee. The written evaluation and recommendations is due back to the department head by March 7.
- Faculty Equity requests to department heads are due March 7.
- Department head forwards faculty equity requests with further justification by March 25.
- All faculty evaluations and recommendations from the department head are due to the dean by April 1.
Upcoming CNAS Due Dates & Events
CNAS Faculty and Staff Awards – Nominations for the different CNAS faculty and staff awards are due by the first Friday in April (April 1). Awards Policy
The CNAS Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee will be meeting on February 1. Please let your department representative(s) know if there are specific actions that the committee might attempt to address this semester. We will be setting prioritizes and beginning action team work. Watch for a summary in this newsletter.
Miscellaneous News & Events
Research Administration Grant News Letter – Please note that if you are making a submission for the Summer Graduate Assistant Fund it is due no later than January 31
Missouri Academy of Science (58th Annual Meeting) – April 22-23, 2022, Central Methodist University, Fayette, MO. Call for Papers – abstract submissions are due Friday, March 18 at 5PM
Faculty & Staff Free Portrait Days – Dates have been set for 2022
|January 28||Virtual Town Hall meeting – 3:30 to 5PM via Zoom|
|February 1||Faculty annual reports are due to department head|
|February 1||Faculty research grant applications are due|
|February 1||Thesis funding for grad students – spring deadline|
|February 21||President’s Day – No classes, Offices closed|
|February 25||Book discussions – see details|
|February 26||Regional Science Olympiad Competition|
|February 28||Summer TA requests due to graduate college|
|March 14-20||Spring Break – No classes, Offices open|
|March 22||Missouri Junior Academy of Science Competition|
|April 9||State Science Olympiad Competition|
|April 14-17||Spring Holiday – No classes (Offices closed on April 15)|
|April 22-23||Missouri Academy of Science, Central Methodist University|
|April 30||Spring Showcase is today!|
|May 5||CNAS Undergraduate Research Day|
|May 7||Einhellig Interdisciplinary Forum – Graduate College|
|May 14-19||Finals Week|
|May 20||Commencement (CNAS at 9:00AM)|