July 11, 2016
Two Interdisciplinary Research Seminars remain for Summer 2016.
Join us in Temple Hall room 143 at noon on both days.
All CNAS Faculty and Graduate Students are invited to attend so come and participate in the conversation.
There will be pizza and cookies, but please bring your own beverage.
- Noon, Wednesday, July 13 – Bob Pavlowsky: Water quality
Peter Plavchan: Computer hardware/software applications
- Noon, Wednesday, July 27– Maria Stepanova: Nano-plasmonics for bio-detection; Keiichi Yoshimatsu: Chemical and bio-molecular tools for analytical applications; and Chris Lupfer: Immune protein folding and protein interactions
This week – MSU Professor Matt Siebert on KOLR 10
ICYMI (in case you missed it) …
- We have uploaded 23 videos featuring students and faculty on the CNAS homepage! Take a look and if there are any other videos of faculty and students, please send links to David Szepatowski.
- Trashcano – Toby Dogwiler, GGP, performed a volcano in a trashcan demonstration for the St. Louis High School students. Boom!
- Best Summer Stargazing – Check out this article in the July issue of 417 magazine. Baker Observatory gets a nice mention. (This link has been posted on the PAMS Facebook page.) Please share this info with students, astronomy interns and others who may be interested.
- Student Resources page on our website is being updated to get ready for the fall. Check it out and forward to your students. If you have any suggestions, please let Jorge or David know.
- Zach Harris’ poster won first place in the Bioinformatics, Big Data category at the International Symposium of Grapevine Physiology and biotechnology in Verona, Italy last month. Zach is Laszlo Kovacs’ student.
There are lots of things to do this summer. Check out these science-related events and venues!
- The Friends of the Garden
- The Discovery Center
- Wilson’s Creek National Battlefield
- Missouri Institute of Natural Science
Jul 22 Summer Visit Day organized by Admissions!
Meet the Faculty – 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Jul 28 Summer SOAR Ends
Jul 29 Summer Commencement
Aug 2 4-8 PM, Wilson’s Creek National Battlefield, Solar Car Challenge
If you would like to help at the CNAS tent – contact me before July 26. I have will have table set up under the tent with MSU information (mostly CNAS) along with 3-4 hands-on activities.
Aug 15 All Faculty and Graduate Students Report to Work
Aug 15-16 New Faculty Orientation and Graduate Student Orientation
Aug 18 All Faculty Luncheon – 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM, PSU Ballroom
Aug 21 New Student Convocation
Aug 22 Fall 2016 Classes Begin
Aug 24 All-College Meeting at 3:30 PM, Temple 0003
Aug 25 CNAS Student Expo, 3:30-6:30, Temple 0002
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM SPOTS on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/cnas