July 26, 2016
See you at summer commencement on Friday at 10:00 AM!!!
- Last Interdisciplinary Research Seminar for Summer 2016 – NOON, Wednesday, July 27, Temple Hall 143
All CNAS Faculty and Graduate Students are invited to attend so come and participate in the conversation.
There will be pizza and cookies, but please bring your own beverage.
- Maria Stepanova: Nano-plasmonics for bio-detection
- Keiichi Yoshimatsu: Chemical and bio-molecular tools for analytical applications
- Chris Lupfer: Immune protein folding and protein interactions
The technology equipment has changed (slightly) in Temple 001, 002, and 003. Please go in and check it out before classes begin on August 22. If a group of you want training – we can schedule one for August. Please let your department head know if you are interested in attending a training session.
Aug 2 from 4-8 PM, Wilson’s Creek National Battlefield, Solar Car Challenge (location map)
If you would like to help at the CNAS tent – contact firstname.lastname@example.org before July 28. I have will have table set up under the tent with MSU information (mostly CNAS) along with 3-4 hands-on activities.
- Student Resources page on our website is being updated to get ready for the fall. Check it out and forward to your students. If you have any suggestions, please let Jorge or David know.
Jul 28 Summer SOAR Ends
Jul 29 Summer Commencement
Aug 2 4-8 PM, Wilson’s Creek National Battlefield, Solar Car Challenge
If you would like to help at the CNAS tent – contact me before July 26. I have will have table set up under the tent with MSU information (mostly CNAS) along with 3-4 hands-on activities.
Aug 15 All Faculty and Graduate Students Report to Work
Aug 18 All Faculty Luncheon – 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM, PSU Ballroom
Aug 21 New Student Convocation
Aug 22 Fall 2016 Classes Begin
Aug 24 All-College Meeting at 3:30 PM, Temple 0003 – President Smart and Provost Einhellig will be joining us.
Aug 25 CNAS Student Expo, 3:30-6:30, Temple 0002
- Tune in every Thursday morning at 9:45 AM for 5-minute STEM SPOTS on KSMU hosted by Dr. David Cornelison.
- Check out CNAS blog and CNAS NewsWatch for more information.
- CNAS NEWS posted by University Communications – news.missouristate.edu/tag/cnas
As always, please submit items for the next CNAS NEWS!