June 22, 2016
CNAS Interdisciplinary Research Seminars – Summer of 2016 – Please mark your calendars and join us in Temple Hall room 143 at 12:00 noon each day!!!
- All CNAS Faculty and Graduate Students are invited to attend – come and participate in the conversation!
- There will be pizza and cookies. Please bring your own beverage.
12 noon, Wednesday, June 29
- Laszlo Kovacs: Computational biology
- Xin Miao: Drones and deep learning
12 noon, Wednesday, July 13
- Bob Pavlowsky: Water quality monitoring
- Peter Plavchan: Computer hardware/software applications
12 noon, Wednesday, July 27
- Maria Stepanova: Nano-plasmonics for bio-detection
- Keiichi Yoshimatsu: Chemical and bio-molecular tools for analytical applications
DISCOVERIES (CNAS newsletter)
I trust by now you’ve read the premier issue of the electronic newsletter that went out on May 31. It was a joy to assemble some of the many accomplishments in CNAS, and we look forward to our next edition in the fall. The newsletter masthead image (pictured above) is linked from the CNAS homepage to a blog where it will be archived. Please share the information and links, too, as we need your help in outreach and promoting the college. Thank you to all who contributed to the launch, especially my team in the dean’s office. Keep up the great work and send us anything we might use in the future. (The next newsletter is scheduled to go out before Thanksgiving.)
MISSOURI STATE UNIVERSITY LONG-RANGE PLAN
I hope you had a chance to see how far we’ve come and to see where we’re going. Check out these links for more info.
- (What’s Happening) – What’s happening at the Center for Biomedical and Life Sciences?
- (TMJ) – Pain in the jaw
- (Shelby Harris) – Spotlight on Shelby Harris
- (Lindsey Koop) – Spotlight on Lindsey Koop
- (Lauren Cornelison) – Spotlight on Lauren Cornelison
- (Gut Micro Biome) – Gut check: What is the gut microbiome?
- (Cody Hyde) – Spotlight on Cody Hyde
Jul 28 Summer SOAR Ends
Jul 29 Summer Commencement
Aug 2 4-8 PM, Wilson’s Creek National Battlefield, Solar Car Challenge
Aug 15 All Faculty and Graduate Students Report to Work
Aug 15-16 New Faculty and Graduate Student Orientations
Aug 18 All Faculty Luncheon – 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM, PSU Ballroom
Aug 21 New Student Convocation
Aug 22 Fall 2016 Classes Begin
Aug 24 All-College Meeting at 3:30 PM, Temple 0003
Aug 25 CNAS Student Expo, 3:30-6:30, Temple 0002