The Bear Pantry and the Nutrition and Dietetics department are partnering to promote healthy eating choices, while decreasing food insecurity on campus.
MSU Dietetic Intern, Kelsey, demonstrated how to put a healthier spin on ramen noodles with ingredients found in the Bear Pantry.
- 1 packet of ramen instant ramen noodles
- ¼ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup canned corn, drained, and rinsed
- ¼ cup canned diced tomatoes with green chiles
- ¼ cup bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- Reduced sodium taco seasoning, to taste
- Add two cups of water to a microwave safe bowl, place in microwave and heat water for four minutes.
- Add the ramen noodles to the bowl of water, heat for an additional 4 minutes.
- While ramen is cooking, rinse, drain, and measure out black beans, corn, and diced tomatoes, set aside
- Chop the onion and bell pepper, set aside.
- Once ramen has been cooked, remove bowl from microwave.
- Add reduced sodium taco seasoning and stir.
- Add beans, corn, tomatoes, pepper, and onion to noodles.
Dietetic Internship Graduate Certificate at Missouri State
This program’s mission is to prepare competent registered dietitian nutritionists who are citizen scholars, with expertise in either public affairs or rural health, who will meet the need of dietetic practitioners across the nation.