New identity protection insurance, guaranteed issue for Short Term Disability benefit, reduced rates for vision coverage, and wellness incentives during Open enrollment.
MSU is excited to offer a new voluntary benefit. We are pleased to announce Allstate will be offering Identity Protection select plan, which has innovative tools to protect against the financial impact of identity theft.
- Monitor Financial accounts for Fraud
- Get real time alerts if data is compromised
- 24/7 full-service remediation and support
- Additional coverages
- Option to coverage employee only or employee and family
Short Term Disability:
We are pleased to announce Hartford’s short term disability coverage will be offered with guaranteed issue during open enrollment. Short-term disability is designed to protect income when an employee cannot work because of an off-the-job illness or injury.
- Allows employees to choose base amount of coverage.
- Payment, based on medical necessity, is paid up to employee’s ability to return to work or Long-term disability eligibility
- Pre-existing conditions have minimum allowed amount of 4 weeks.
- Pre-existing limitation does not apply after coverage in force for 1 year.
- Rate locked for at least 2 years.
- Guaranteed issue during open enrollment means no medical questions.
- Does not offset other income
- 2 coverage levels allow you to choose the option that fits your needs and works with your budget.
We are delighted to share that we will experience a slight decrease in premiums for our vision insurance for the 2023 plan year. More excitedly, the rates are guaranteed for the next four years.
- Two plan options offer flexibility in coverage and cost
- Dependent coverage options
- VSP network
Don’t miss your opportunity to save up to $360 on your medical plan premiums in 2023 by completing the wellness incentive activities.
- Receive $15 monthly discount by completing Flu vaccination (must be administered between August 1, 2022, and December 1, 2022)
- Receive $15 monthly discount by competing Covid vaccination (must be administered between January 1, 2022, and December 1, 2022)
- Employees who receive vaccinations by a provider outside of Magers health, must report the appropriate documentation to Magers by December 1, 2022 and medical immunization record updated to receive credit. MagersMedicalRecords@missouristate.edu
- Individuals who are seeking a disability or religious accommodation related to vaccinations must contact the Deputy compliance Officer, Juliaholmes@missouristate.edu or 417-836-6755, no later than November 1, 2022, to initiate the interactive accommodations process.
- New accommodation request must be made, regardless of prior year approval.
- Individuals where an accommodation is determined to be appropriate will be required to complete a biometric screening in lieu of a vaccination(s) to qualify for the wellness incentive discount.
- Biometric screening (administered between January 1, 2022, and December 1, 2022)
- Employees who receive screening/labs outside of Magers health, must report the appropriate documentation to Magers and medical record updated to receive credit.