Company Name: City of Springfield
Brief Company Description: We stand for mutual respect and equity within our work environment where team members have the opportunity to reach their full potential. Embracing our diverse perspectives and ideas allows us to be innovative and effective in how we build the Springfield community. Together, we are better.
Job Title: Intern
Job Description / Primary Responsibilities: Performs assigned work and assists with projects related to area of study.
- Proof of US Citizenship/ Authorization to work in the United States.
- Undergraduate junior level or above attending a regionally accredited college or university
- GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 system
- Principles, procedures, standards, and practices related to the area of assignment;
- Computerized software programs such as Microsoft Office.
- Effectively perform intern level work in assigned discipline;
- Work effectively under direction and guidance;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Utilize computer software applications such as Microsoft Office;
- Deal effectively and courteously with associates, customers, and the general public;
- Prepare accurate and complete reports and records;
- Effectively welcome and embrace differences among employees and citizens;
- Perform effectively as a member of the team in carrying out the City’s stated mission and philosophy;
- Perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
- Must be able to work any assigned hours/shifts with varying days off. Must successfully complete a background investigation; must pass pre-employment drug testing. Proof of US Citizenship/Authorization to work in the United States.
Internship Experience/Outcome: The Diversity Internship is designed to build interest and awareness of career opportunities within local government for veteran, disabled, or minority students, specifically among underrepresented groups.
Job Location: Springfield, MO
Start Date / End Date: To Be Determined
Pay / Compensation: Paid Internship
Application Instructions:To apply, Submit a resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org & include answers to these questions:
- Why are you a good candidate?
- What areas of work interest you?
- How will this internship help your career aspirations?
- Do you identify as a veteran, disabled, or minority student?